Chapter 91: .- .--. .-. .. .-.. ..-. --- --- .-.. ...

Author's Notes:

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER INCLUDES SOME SWEARING BY PANSY PARKINSON. IT IS JUSTIFIED.

Pansy stands at the door of her classroom, greeting each student as they enter and take their seat. At the back of the classroom, seated on a high stool with a roll of parchment and quill in her hands, is Professor McGonagall, already observing and making notes on Pansy's lesson.

Since Christmas, each apprentice has two observations a month conducted by the Headmistress herself. They are completely random and aren't aware of when they'll be observed until they walk into the classroom for their lesson and find her sat at the back of the room.

Pansy was proud she had been graded an O for her three previous observations and had spent the previous night preparing all her lesson for the last day of February since she knew she would be getting at some point during the day. Although, she had hoped it wouldn't be her fourth period, just before lunch. She hadn't had time to eat her snack during her break, as she had a meeting with Filius about one of her assignments, and hasn't eaten since breakfast four hours ago. Now her stomach's in knots out of hunger, nerves and just general pregnancy.

She closes the door as the last student arrives and walks down the centre aisle to the front of her classroom, smiling as she turns around to face the first year Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws.

"Good morning, class. I'm glad to see all your homework already out on your desk." She waves her wand, and each piece of four-inch parchment levitates over to her desk where they pile themselves up.

Another reason Pansy had hoped Minerva wouldn't observe her fourth period is because she knew the first years would be handing in homework and the Headmistress disapproved of the amount of homework she set or lack thereof. Pansy saw no point in setting feet upon feet of parchment for homework when the same amount of facts could be given in short sentences. She regularly defended herself against the majority of staff, stating that exams need students to be quick and concise so why not train them early.

"Now, let's recap yesterday's lesson." Pansy scans the room, looking for victims to answer her questions. "Mr Daniels," She smiles, remembering that the boy hadn't been listening the previous lesson. "What topic were we covering yesterday?" She asks.

"Erm," Mr Daniels eyes flicker to his friend who mouths 'goblins'. "Goblins?" He asks.

Pansy shakes her head. "You shouldn't listen to everything Miss Roberts tells you." She smiles at the girl who was giggling behind her hands.

A Hufflepuff's hand rises.

"Yes, Miss Swift." She nods at the girl to answer.

"Professor, we were learning about the Gargoyle Strike of 1912." She announces.

"Close enough," Daniels mutters.

"Detention, Mr Daniels, for the next three days after school. We will discuss the difference between Gargoyles and Goblins, and you will write a two-foot essay on the matter due in on Monday morning." Pansy informs the boy before turning back to the class. "Was Miss Swift correct?" She asks.

"It was the Strike of 1911, Professor, not 1912." A boy corrects.

"Well done, I'm glad someone was paying attention yesterday. Five points each to Hufflepuff." She awards. "Working in pairs, come up with two facts and be ready to feedback in three minutes.

Whilst the students are chattering, hopefully about the Gargoyle Strikes of 1911, Pansy takes the opportunity to place the class's homework inside her messenger bag and take a bite from a piece of chocolate. Her stomach lurches in a painful cramp from the hunger, causing a deep intake of breath. She takes a few more deep breaths as she fastens her bag, placing it upon her chair before going back to her class.