seven

After Anthony dropped me home, I took out my phone to text the groupchat.

callie: hey friends:)

tristan: hi callie!

tessa: heyyy

tony: i thought the doctor told you no screens

callie: ughhh then i'm gonna lose all my streaks

ivan: nooo we just got one

tessa: i'll keep them

callie: lit thanks

tony: get👏off👏your👏phone👏

callie: that👏meme👏is👏dead👏

tony: seriously do i need to come upstairs and take it away?

callie: wait are you still here?

tony: yeah i'm waiting for an uber

callie: how long?

tony: 2 hours rip. i called ahead at the hospital and thought it would take longer

callie: come upstairs third floor 302

tony: omw

tristan: jelly can i come?

callie: if you wanna drive through traffic go ahead

tristan: eh no thanks

A loud knock on my door came, indicating Tony was here. I put my phone on the couch and went to the door.

"Hey again," Anthony greeted with a smile.

"Hi! Come on in," I told him, opening the door wider.

Anthony looked around my apartment. "Nice place," he complimented.

"Thanks," I smiled. "What do you want to do?"

"We should bake cookies!" Anthony exclaimed.

I nodded in agreement. "Let's go to the kitchen."

I grabbed a cook book from my very large bookshelf. I guess you could say I was a bookworm. The two of us agreed on simple chocolate chip cookies. We took out the sugar, butter, vanilla, flour, baking soda, salt, eggs, and chocolate chips.

We began mixing all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Anthony poured in the flour but missed the bowl. Instead, the white flour ended up all over my shirt.

"What was that for?" I shouted in frustration.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry!" Anthony exclaimed, attempting to get the flour off my shirt.

I shook my head in annoyance. I grabbed an egg from the carton, splitting it on top of his head. He gasped, grabbing the vanilla. I quickly bolted out of there, running away from Tony. My leg got caught on the couch in my living room and I fell back. I think Anthony was close on my heels because he fell on top of me. Anthony looked at me for a second, his eyes trailing down to my lips. He leaned down, and all I wanted was the sweet taste of his lips. Our faces got closer and closer to each other, just millimetres apart. Just as our lips were about to touch, his phone went off.

"Damnit," he muttered, taking his phone out of his pocket. "My Uber is here."

The two of us stood up, walking to the door. I opened it, waving goodbye.

"See you soon," I told him, smiling.

"Adios. And stay off your phone, Cal," Tony instructed.

"No promises."

• • •

kinda short oops!

anyway if you got that shawn mendes reference at the end ily

-danielle