twenty-three (pt. 2)

I looked at my phone, ensuring I was at the right address. Yep, the addresses seemed to match up. I looked at the coffee shop once before entering.

I didn't know what was so important. Anthony had told me to come here. Whatever he wanted to say must had meant something, otherwise he could have just texted me.

I pulled the door open, looking around the small coffee shop. I spotted Anthony in the corner, sitting with his phone. He looked up at the sound of the door chime, offering me a small smile. I made my way over to him, sitting in the chair across from him.

"I'll go order. What do you want?" Anthony asked me.

"Just a small iced coffee. Here," I said, handing him some change.

"I've got it covered, I asked you here, didn't I?" Anthony smiled.

I nodded, putting my money back. I watched as he made his way over to the cashier to buy our drinks. I ran possible scenarios through my mind, still unsure as to why Anthony wanted me to meet him here.

He came back with both of our drinks. I took a quick sip, waiting for Tony to talk about, well, whatever he wanted to talk about.

"Before I begin, I just need to clarify things. You aren't dating Kade, are you?" Anthony questioned.

I looked at him with wide eyes. I raised my eyebrows, confused as to how he came to that assumption.

"No, not at all. He's my best friend, that's it," I assured Anthony.

This, however, seemed to make Anthony more nervous. He scratched the back of his neck, looking at me for a second, before looking down at his drink. He took a quick drink, sighing immediately after.

"I'm either going to be extremely happy or extremely regretful by the end of today," Anthony said, more to himself.

He took a deep breath before speaking. "I like you Callie, I like you a lot. I've liked you from the moment we've met. From the first text you sent. I knew you were different. You didn't care that you weren't supposed to be in this group chat, you took it as an opportunity to make friends. You looked at it from a different perspective, you saw it as a happy mistake. Every time we've kissed, it's as if the world slows down. I'm there with you, and only you. Whenever I see you, my heart goes wild, I choke up, I can't find the words to say. It makes me happy to see you happy, it breaks my heart to see you sad. That night when you had your nightmare, I wanted to cry for you. I like you Callie."

I looked up at Anthony, who looked back at me. At this moment, I felt as if actions would speak louder than words. I leaned across the table, kissing him deeply. He kissed back, pulling away shortly knowing we were still in a coffee shop. It was short and sweet, and I could tell that he wasn't lying about how he felt,

"I can't top what you just said, but I like you too, Anthony. You're the sweetest, funniest, most caring person I've met. For as long as I've known you, you've always been there for me, thank you for that."

"So, Callie, will you be my girlfriend?" Anthony asked, looking at me with hopeful eyes.

I nodded, smiling at him. "Yes."

• • •

this is very short but i didn't wanna write anymore and take away from the mood, ya know?

-danielle