thirty-nine

I watched as Anthony pulled away from Tessa. He turned around as the door opened, shock written all over his face.

"Callie, listen—," he began.

I shook my head, trying my hardest not to cry. No matter what he said, he hurt me. There was no excuse for him to kiss another girl.

"It was for the vlog," Anthony sighed.

My eyes scanned the room, glancing from place to place. There was no one else here besides us. No cameras were hidden anywhere. Just the two figures sitting by the long table.

"What vlog?" I questioned the pair, looking around.

"Callie, I'm so sorry," Tessa apologized.

"You were my best friend, how could you do this to me? How could you do this to Chance?" I asked.

At that moment, the door opened. Chance, along with Tristan walked into the house.

"And doing something "for the vlog" isn't a valid reason to cheat on someone," I stated.

Chance looked between me standing by the door, then towards Anthony and Tessa standing together at the other side of the room. Putting the clues together, the smile from his face dropped.

I knew that Chance was crazy about Tessa. Seeing his girlfriend cheat on him with his best friend must have been hard. I knew it was hard for me.

"Wh-what?" Chance stuttered.

"You want something for your vlog? Put 'Callie broke up with me because I cheated on her,' as your dumb clickbait title. I'm done with this nonsense. All you guys care about are the dumb views. You wanna end your relationship for the views? Good for you," I ranted.

I couldn't take it anymore. Turning on my heel, I stormed out the door, slamming it behind me. As soon as the door closed, the tears began falling. Sighing, I wiped them, not wanting the fans to catch me crying.

As I began walking down the driveway to my car, I crashed into a figure. Looking up, I saw a tall guy. He looked like Jake. I was pretty sure it was his brother, Logan.

"I'm sorry," I muttered, my voice cracking.

"Are you okay," he asked, looking down at me with concern.

Sighing, I shook my head. He grabbed my hand, pulling me to his car.

"Do you like puppies?" he asked.

I nodded, smiling a bit. Dogs were my favourite animal.

"Wanna come see mine? He's really cute."

I've seen pictures of Logan's dog before. Kong was literally the cutest thing ever. He was a fluff ball and I've always wanted to meet him.

"Sure," I agreed.

"Hop in!" Logan told me.

I nodded, opening the door to the passenger seat. He slid into the driver's seat, driving away.

"What about my car?" I asked Logan.

"We'll come back and get it later. You're Callie, right? Anthony's girlfriend, too?" Logan asked me.

"First part is correct. I just broke up with him," I explained with a sigh.

"That sucks."

We sat in silence, driving back to Logan's apartment. I was glad he didn't ask anymore questions. I was also glad he wasn't sticking his vlog camera in my face, interrogating me. Jake did that when Anthony and I first started dating, and it was annoying.

"By the way, my roommate Evan is home, along with my friend Brendan might be at my house, I hope you don't mind," Logan told me.

"It's fine," I replied with a small smile.

Soon we arrived at Logan's apartment. There were a few fans that Logan said hi to and took photos, but they weren't like the screaming fans in front of the Team 10 house. We walked to the elevator, heading to the penthouse floor.

Once we walked in, I immediately spotted Kong in his caged off area. I ran over to him, picking him up.

"He's so cute!" I gushed.

"Everyone thinks so," Logan said, filming me with his vlog camera.

I held him in my arms, petting him while he licked my face. While I was playing with him, there was a knock on the door.

"My boys!" Logan shouted as he opened the door.

When they walked in, I almost bursted out into laughter. It was the same guys from the airport. I felt my face heat up. The boys must have recognized me as well because one of them started laughing. I ended up joining in.

"What's going on here?" Logan mumbled, focusing his camera on the six of us laughing our heads off.

"Wow! Did we convert you to the Logang?" one of them asked me.

I laughed quietly, shrugging my shoulders. Logan stood there, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Yeah, yelling at me at the airport was truly motivational," I joked.

"What?" Logan asked.

"Your friends thought it was terrible that I knew Jake," I explained.

"I agree!" Logan shouted, fist bumping his friends.

After they fist bumped each other, all of them sat around on the couch. I sat with Kong, playing with him.

"Oh! We never introduced ourselves. I'm Jack," one with curly hair said.

"I'm Daniel."

"I'm Jonah."

"I'm Zach."

"And I'm Corbyn."

I nodded, remembering all of their names.

"I'm Callie," I introduced myself.

"It's nice to meet you, Callie," Jonah spoke.

• • •

the end

and i mean the end of the chapter not book

that happened

lol

-danielle