forty-seven

It took my mind a bit of time to process what was happening.

Caught up in the moment, I forgot everything Anthony did. It felt like a natural instinct to kiss him back, so that's what I did.

Realizing what was happening, I quickly pulled away from Anthony, my eyes widened in shock.

Did I really just kiss him?

"Does this mean we can be together again?" Anthony asked me.

"No, Anthony. It was a nice kiss and all but that doesn't mean we can be together," I sighed. "Maybe one day we'll move past all this drama, but today isn't the day."

Anthony sighed as well and opened his mouth as if he was about to say something, but decided against it and walked away. I decided I needed to think somewhere quiet, so I found an empty bedroom.

I already felt intrusive going into the bedroom, so I sat on the floor just in case the person didn't want anyone on their bed.

I rested my face in my hands, thinking about everything that had happened with Anthony. Part of me felt as if I was overreacting, maybe one kiss didn't mean anything. The other part of me knew that cheating was always wrong, no matter the scenario.

Caught up in my thoughts, I didn't even notice the door open. Footsteps approached me from behind.

"Hey," a familiar voice said softly.

Even though the voice was soft, it still startled me. I jumped in my place, turning around to come face to face with Jonah.

"Oh, sorry. Is this your room? I'll leav, if you want," I offered, feeling guilty for coming in here with no permission.

"You can stay. Why are you sitting on the floor?" he asked.

"I didn't want to sit on any of the beds and be intrusive," I explained.

Jonah walked to what I assumed was his bed, taking a seat on him. He patted the spot next to him, so I went over to him and sat down.

"I saw everything that just happened," he said quietly.

Turning to face Jonah, I tilted my head, curious if he had anything to say about the situation.

"Are you okay? I've dealt with heartbreak in the past, I know it's hard," Jonah said with a sigh.

I took in a deep breath, wanting to explain everything to someone, anyone. I've kept all my emotions bottled up, not wanting to confide in anyone. Jonah was here beside me willing to listen, so I decided to open up.

"I miss him, a lot. Part of me wants to go back to him, but the reasonable part of me is telling me that I shouldn't because he did something bad. I don't know why, but when he kissed me I just needed to kiss back," I explained, rubbing the side of my forehead.

The room filled with silence, neither of us saying anything. I glanced over at Jonah, who was staring at the wall as if he was in thought.

"Well, it's normal for you to want to be with him, he was your boyfriend, of course you've grown attached to him," Jonah said, shrugging slightly. "I can't tell you whether or not to go back to him, that's your choice. All I can tell you is that if he's meant to be that person in your life, the two of you will bounce back."

I nodded, thinking about Jonah's words, then back to my encounter with Anthony earlier tonight. Was Anthony trying to take me back a way of the world letting me know to go back to him, or was it just him being drunk?

"He said he loved me," I told Jonah. "He texted me that he might love me when we split up, but tonight he actually said it. He was drunk, though."

"Give it time, everything will play out the way it should."

And with that, Jonah left the room, leaving me to once again drown in my own thoughts.

• • •

wise words of jonah, my friends

tallie or nah?
comment who you ship her with, but i may just let her be a strong independent woman who needs no man in her life

it's so windy like when i was driving earlier today it kept pushing my car so it was hard to steer lol

also should i make a sequel after this? it would be years later because of the way i'm gonna end my story, but comment your thoughts

the support on this story has been amazing and I'm so thankful for everyone reading it. I doubted I would ever get 100 reads, but here I am with over 100k reads!

i'll stop being sappy goodbye friends

-dani