fifty-eight

Walking into the Team 10 house, it was dark, the only light coming from the moon shining in from their back door. Walking over to the switch, I turned on the lights, illuminating the house.

The house was unusually silent, nobody running around with their vlog cameras. Even tiny little Apollo wasn't anywhere in sight. Suddenly, there was a large shout from behind their island.

"Surprise!" They all screamed loudly, popping out from behind the counter.

I saw the twins, Tessa, Erika, Jake, AJ, Alex, Matthieu, Bailee, Tristan, Nick, Chad, Ray, Chance, Justin, Kade, Meg, and even Logan standing there. To my surprise, even Meadow was here. She must have flew all the way in from Columbus just to come here.

I had only turned on the lights to the entry way. Turning on the lights to the kitchen and living room, I saw a huge banner reading 'We'll miss you Callie!'

Smiling, I walked up to every single person, giving them each a big hug. It pained me to say goodbye to some of my best friends, but somehow I knew we'd still be close.

Once I reached Tessa on the line, she stood there awkwardly, as if we shouldn't be hugging. Still, I pulled her into a hug. Even with the hard feelings, I would still miss her a lot.

We all started talking and eating all the snacks that they had. It was like a party, but with no drinks. I guess you could call it a gathering.

Halfway through the night, my brother, Caleb showed up. I wrapped my arms around him tightly. The past week, I had been spending it with my family, keeping close with them. This would be my first time in a different city than them, and it wasn't just any city. It was New York.

New York, as much as the whole idea fazed me, was just me flipping the page to the story of my life. I was going to be starting fresh. I would begin a new chapter with new people. Instead of closing the book, finishing my story here, I would be moving on to a new collection of adventures.

• • •

short and sweet because i don't feel well

next chapter is the final chapter:(

-dani