thirty-eight

I found myself sitting back on the plane. It was much sooner than I expected.

After everything that happened that night at dinner, my dad decided he didn't want us in Ireland anymore. For the most part, I was fine with it, but I didn't want to leave Colleen and Briana.

Her and Ivan began texting each other everyday. I was happy for them, and hoped it would bloom into something bigger.

I decided that when we landed back in LA, I would go and surprise Anthony. He said that he missed me a lot, so hopefully he would be happy to see me.

The plane began taking off. I turned on the screen in front of me. Scrolling through the movies, I decided to watch Moana. You could never go wrong with a Disney movie.

"We are now landing in Los Angeles, California. The ground temperature is currently 85°. We hope you enjoy your visit here, and if it's your home, welcome back!" A voice said over the intercom.

I felt the plane lower itself from the sky down towards the runway. The wheels released themselves and we were now rolling down the runway. After driving around, we were finally able to step off the plane.

I clicked on my phone, checking the time. It was 4:52 PM. Our flight boarded early this morning, so we got back before night.

Once we gathered all of our luggage, we headed to Dad's parked car in the large parking garage.

"It's not so bad the trip got cancelled," Dad spoke. "Now I don't need to pay for two whole weeks for parking."

I chuckled quietly, opening the trunk to the back of the car. First I helped Matt lift his suitcase into the trunk. After that I put mine in, followed by Caleb and Dad.

Dad dropped me off at my apartment. I thanked him, walking into the lobby and up the elevator.

Once I was in my room I quickly changed into some shorts and a large t-shirt. I was wearing sweats and didn't feel like being caught like that on Jake's vlog.

After getting ready, I drove down to the Team 10 house. As per usual, there was a large crowd of kids gathered around the gate.

"CALLIE!" They screamed, seeing me emerge from my car.

I waved to them, making my way through the gate to the front door. I quickly twisted the door open, walking into the room.

As soon as I walked in, my heart dropped. I couldn't believe what was in front of me. I wanted to run, I wanted to scream, but all I could do was stand there and feel my heart break.

• • •

short short short

sorryyyyyyy

but tomorrow I will update more than once (hopefully)

we're almost at 100k reads!!! that's crazy

once i reach 100k i'll let you guys decide which one of my cringy af stories from three years ago i should publish for y'all to read😂

-danielle:)