Chapter 3

~~~Ivy~~~

It was quiet for a moment before the sudden movement of the person scared me, making me knock down a bunch of boxes. The person's head quickly turned to see my frightened eyes and my body froze in place. 

A shiver ran down my body and I broke out into a cold sweat. His dark brown eyes pierced through my body and soul. They were so lifeless and dull, you could mistake him as a mannequin. 

My brain was telling my body to move, to run and hide. But it didn't listen. Then all of a sudden, his eyes flashed yellow and it captivated me. His yellow eyes held so much emotion. Confusion. Anger. Disbelief. But mostly, death. 

He took a step towards me and all feeling in my legs came back. Before he could even take another step, I ran out of the alleyway and didn't look back.

It is now 2:15 am and here I am, lying awake in my bed. I couldn't sleep because whenever I closed my eyes, those brown piercing, dull, lifeless eyes that flashed yellow would appear in the darkness. I shifted in my flower printed bedding, trying to find a comfortable spot to help, but it was hopeless. 

Those dark eyes haunted me, taunting me to stay awake. I couldn't shake it out of my head. I let out a frustrated groan before stuffing my face in my pillow.

"Why didn't I just go to the police?", I muttered into the pillow. When I started running, I didn't even think about going to the police. I just went straight home and sat in my room for the rest of the day. 

What kind of person does that? 

Well, me apparently.

As I thought of more reasons why, my eyes slowly started to feel droopy and heavy. Before I knew it, darkness soon came over and pulled me to sleep. 

~~~~~~~~

When I woke up the next morning, I stood at the steps of the school and hesitated to go inside. My mom already dropped me off 10 minutes ago and I was still standing outside. I knew that I would get in trouble, but deep inside, something was holding me back. 

It was that feeling you get, when you know something bad's going to happen. But I buried that feeling deep down and pulled the school door open, stepping inside, not knowing what might happen or who might be watching me.

Throughout the day, I was on a knife's edge. I was so cautious and paranoid that I'm pretty sure that people would think I have paranoid schizophrenia. But so far, nothing bad has happened. I let out a sigh of relief as I walked towards my last class. As I approached the classroom door, I was suddenly pulled away from it. 

I, then, felt a hand come up to my mouth and my body was picked up from the ground. I tried screaming, but my screams were muffled by whoever was carrying me away from the class. I tried to look at the person, but they kept my head in place. I also tried thrashing my arms and legs around to get free but the person's grip was too strong. Almost familiar. My eyes widened in fear.

           'What if he found me?'