Chapter 17

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS ABUSE AND IF YOU ARE EASIY OFFENDED OR TRIGGERED PLEASE DO NOT READ!! I WARNED YOU

~~~Ivy~~

11 years ago~~~

"You're fucking lazy, you know that?!"

"How am I the lazy one when you don't do shit around the house!?"

"Oh really?! I don't do shit?!"

"Yes you don't do shit! It's always me, your daughter and your son!! You only come home and sit your ass on the couch!"

SLAP!

My little brother's whimpers echoed in our room and I held onto him closely. I shushed him and stroked his small bedhead, while staring at the door. 

Why does he have to come home...? Whenever he's not home, the house is quiet and peaceful. But when he is... all hell breaks lose. They would always fight over small things. 

And sometimes when mom isn't home... he takes it out on us.. We barely do anything to him though.. He would just yell at us for no reason... 

Tonight wasn't any different. My parents were in the kitchen, arguing while me and Nathan were in our room. 

Nathan was my little brother. He was only 5, 2 years younger than me. He gripped tightly onto my pajama shirt and started to cry. 

I looked over at him and kissed his forehead. 

"It's going to be okay, Nate."

"But mommy's getting hurt.."

I sucked in a breath and he nuzzled into my shirt. 

"M-Mommy's protecting us, Nate.. So that he won't come"

A loud smash echoed throughout the house ad both of our heads shot up. My eyes widened in panic and I grabbed Nate's hand to pry him off. 

"No! Where are you going, sis!?"

I hushed him and kissed his forehead. 

"Big sis is going to see if mommy and daddy are okay. Stay here Nate"

He shook his head and looked at me with his blue eyes, a trait he inherited from our 'father'. They were filled with tears and worry. 

"Don't go! Please!"

I held his hand tightly and kissed his cheek, before letting go and running out of the room. I closed the door and ran to the kitchen to see something I wish I hadn't. 

My father holding my mother by her collar in the air. His bloody fist raised  and aiming towards my mom. She had blood on her face and was trying to get away. 

He beat her again and I ran over to him. I started to punch his leg and shouted at him. 

"Stop! You're killing her! STOP IT YOU MONSTER!"

I stopped when he looked down at me and  scoffed, before throwing my mom on the floor. 

"Monster? Looks like someone needs to be disciplined"

My eyes widened in panic and I stared into his dead eyes. He had a malicious smile on his face and I felt fear seeping through my body as he towered over me. 

Once I saw a wave of blood thirst come across his eyes, I feel my body froze in fear. 

He raised his hand and slapped me so hard that I fell on the floor. I bit back the tears that threatened to come out and let out a small whimper as my left cheek burned. 

My father let out a hideous laugh and bent over me. 

"You think I'm a monster? You haven't seen nothing yet, DAUGHTER"

He spat out with so much hatred and I felt my heart shattering. I looked up at him and let out a small scream. 

In his hand, he held a knife and the look of insanity was now on his face. I  let out another scream as he was about to thrust the knife, laughing. 

My mother who was weakened and bloody started to shout at the monster in front of me. 

It all happened to quickly. 

All of a sudden, my will to breath and all sense of hearing was gone. 

There standing in front of me, was a small body I knew all too well. 

With his blood now on the floor and on my face, a tear escaped. 

He turned around and smiled, murmuring three words before collapsing on the floor. 

"NATHAN!!!!!!"