Chapter 56

A/N: Just a heads up: This chapter is a lot to take in since a lot and I mean A LOT happens

~~~Kassidy~~

I opened the door to Ivy's bedroom and sucked in a harsh breath at the sight in front of me. It was the same thing every time ever since Ivy and my little brother went missing 2 weeks ago. You would've thought that I would be used to it. But it still surprised me.

Alex was sitting on the floor at the foot of a bed, leaning his head against Ivy's bed frame. In his arms was Ivy's pillow and he held it close to his chest as he slept. I had to take a deep breath in order to hide the overwhelming sadness I was feeling.

I had never seen Alex look so broken before in his life. Even during our parents funeral, he hadn't shed a tear. To see him like this, it almost broke me.

Walking inside, I went over to him and knelt down to wrap an arm under his, and I heard him whimper that made me pause. I felt my eyes starting to sting as I begun pulling him up, his weight falling onto mine.

"C'mon, you sap. Let's get you somewhere more comfortable", I muttered as I brought him around to Ivy's bed. I pushed him onto her bed and he immediately curled up in a ball, clutching the pillow in his arms tighter. I pulled her duvet on top of him, and he whimpered again. He let out a small sob as he grasped the duvet in his hand in his sleep.

"Come back to me....", he whimpered again. My heart tightened achingly and I couldn't fight the tears that started to fall down. I let out a shaky breath before leaving him alone in the room. My eyes met with Brandon and Damon as they stood outside of the door. Their eyes also watery with tears.

"How is he?", Brandon asked in a hushed tone.

"Broken", I muttered.

"Any luck with the search?"

Damon shook his head sadly and my heart ached for Alex. I pressed my back against the wall and slid down until I hit the floor. I placed my head in my hands and a small sob escaped my lips. I felt a hand over my shoulder and I saw Brandon sitting next to me.

We could all feel Alex's pain. We were all suffering from Dylan and Ivy's disappearance. The pack house didn't feel complete without them. It felt cold and empty.

I felt Damon sit on the other side and we all just hugged each other and cried.

~~~~~

I don't remember how long we sat in front of the door, but by the time we stopped, it was morning. We all got up and headed downstairs to get breakfast, even though none of us had the appetite. When we all got to the kitchen, I looked up and saw my dad sitting at the counter with an empty cup and a bottle of wine.

"Dad.."

He looked up and I immediately rushed over and hugged him tightly. He looked like as if he hadn't slept in days. Then again, we haven't either.

"Hi, sweetie..How's Alex?", he asked in a small and hoarse voice. It sounded so broken. I pulled away from the hug to look up at him.

"I feel like we're losing him Dad..", I mumbled. He hummed and pulled me into a hug again.

"How's mom?" I felt him stiffen and I looked at him again. He bit back a choked sob before collecting himself.

"She's not doing well either.. but we need to be strong for them", he replied.

Easier said than done.

"How's the search been going", he asked Damon. Damon was about to replay, but was immediately cut off by someone barging into the room. We all turned our heads to see who it was and saw Sultan. He was heaving and wheezing as if he had ran a 40 miles and he looked at us with wide eyes.

"What's wro-"

"We found Dylan."

~~~Alex~~

When I was woken up, I didn't expect to hear that Dylan's been found. I didn't waste any time running towards the pack infirmary when Sultan said that Dylan was injured. I threw open the door and a sense of relief washed over me when I saw my brother laying on the bed and the heart monitor beeping next to him. My family stood around him as my mother was holding his hand tightly.

"How is he?", I asked as I approached them. My mother looked up and her eyes were red from crying. Panic came over me as my eyes wandered over Dylan's unconsicous body and I felt my stomach turning. He was covered in bandages and the scent of blood was everywhere. But it was mixed with something. Something deadly.

"He's..", But as she started to speak, a tired and strained voice interrupted her.

"Mommy?.."

His eyes slowly opened as everyone started to crowd around and sighs of reliefs were heard. His eyes met mine and I couldn't hold in my own tears. Dylan gave me a small smile before reaching towards me.

But before I could even grab his hand, it dropped and his eyes closed once again. The heart monitor started to beat rapidly and that overwhelming fear came back. My mother was crying hysterically and my father had to take her out of the room as the doctor and nurses came rushing in.

I numbly watched the doctor and a few nurses tend to my little brother to calm his heart rate down. They surrounded his tiny body, covering my view. I felt my body being pushed back by a nurse, but then it all stopped. The beeping stopped.

And in replace of it, was a long and loud noise. The screen on the heart monitor next to the bed was a flat line.

The doctor who was frantically working, stopped and grabbed the defibrillator. The nurses tore open my brother's shirt and they placed the defibrillator pads on his chest as the doctor shouted, "CLEAR!" After a couple of attempts, the screen was still flat. The doctor stopped and looked at me and my family with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry, Alpha.."

I turned away.

No. He's not.

He can't be

Alex..

"NO! HE CAN'T BE DEAD!" I shouted loudly, turning back to face the doctor. He looked at me, frightened.

"I-I''m sorry Alpha! T-There's nothing I can do!"

"MY BROTHER CAN'T BE DEAD! GO BACK IN THERE AND SAVE HIM!", I let out a deep growl and stalked towards the doctor. Damon and Brandon immediately stepped in between us and I felt my canines come through.

"GET OUT OF MY WAY, DAMON!"

"Calm down, Alex. Don't do anything stupid", Damon replied calmly.

"HE'S LYING! MY BROTHER IS STILL ALIVE!", I shouted as I started to push through, but Brandon held me back. I growled loudly and their grips tightened.

"Alex please! You need to calm down!"

I felt more tears rushing through as I stared at my brother's body that laid lifeless on the bed. I slowly stopped trying to push through and I just clung onto my friends as I cried.

He can't be gone...

Not him...

Anyone but him...

Suddenly, I felt a weird sensation in the back of my neck. It was small but it felt like a beat. My head perked up and I saw Dylan again. Then it felt as if that small sensation just snapped in place and the beating grew faster.

Just as that happened, the screen on the heart monitor beeped. I heard gasps and the doctor quickly turned around.

"It's a fucking miracle"