Chapter 41

A/N: Filler Chapter!!!

~~~Ivy~~

It had been a few days since our last date and a few weeks since our first date. 

Alex has been a doting gentlemen and it took a few days for me to get used to it. Since he proved that he would be loyal, I've stopped being a complete bitch to him. And he stopped being an asshole. I guess you can say that we're dating? 

Well, I wouldn't call it dating. We're more like seeing each other. But I think Alex thinks otherwise. He hasn't really asked me officially to be his girlfriend. It's not like I care about labels, but lately, I'll admit that I've been a bit clingy around him. 

It's not my fault though! He's been doing some sweet things. Ever since our first date, he would always place a white peony on either my desk or bed every day. So far, I have about 20 peonies in a small vase on my desk.

Looking away from the stars, I look at the new phone that I got from my mom. Once she realized that I didn't have my phone, she asked where it was. Of course, I told her some complete lie to her by saying I got robbed and the robber dropped it on his run. She gave a skeptical look before purchasing a new one. 

I unlock my new phone and start to scroll through the pictures that I took when I spent time with Alex. There were some goofy pictures of Alex and there were some pictures I took with him when he wasn't looking. We went on a few dates here and there and each time, it was more breath-taking then the next. After the dinner/bowling date, the next one was at a picnic in the park. The next was at a movie theatre to watch Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. 

Who knew that the big bad boy would have a fear of dinosaurs. 

I giggled to myself at the memory and kept going through the pictures. 

"What are you giggling about?" a familiar voice asks as he appears out of the trees. I turn and look at Elias with a small smile. He trots towards me and sits his tail down next to me as I hold up my phone to him. 

"I was just looking at some pictures that I took with that guy I told you about" I say as I look at him. Elias gives me a weird look and places his head near my lap. I go to pet his head and I smile as he moves his head closer. 

"And was I right?", he wondered as I stroked his black fur. I rolled my eyes playfully before flicking his ear. Elias lifts his head and turns to glare at me while I let out another giggle. 

"I guess. He wasn't as bad as I thought" I said as I rest my head on his back. I can hear his steady heartbeat and for some reason, it makes me feel safe. 

"I still don't know anything about him, though." Elias hums and lifts his head off my lap. He looks at me with his gold eyes and sighs. 

"Give him time. He will open up to you eventually." 

"But it's been almost a month since we went on our first date. I just thought that he would open up to me by now" Elias grunts and his eyes narrow. 

"Why do you want to know so much about him? It's not wise to poke around and find out things that you are not suppose to know". I roll my eyes and look at Elias. 

"I know, but he's been so closed off about his past. I understand why. We all have our own secrets. I don't have a pretty backstory either, but it would help if I just knew about what happened". 

"Well, I'm pretty sure that he knows nothing of you either. So what makes you think that he will open up to you when you don't open up to him?"