Chapter 15

~~~Alex~~~

She never came into the store. I knew she was following me by her scent, but it suddenly disappeared. She couldn't have gone home without it. I know that she wouldn't go down without a fight. After ten minutes of waiting inside the store, I started to worry. 

So here I am, running through the streets while shouting her name.  

Surely, she couldn't have gone any far, Alex.

Where would she go when she doesn't know where we're at? 

I pulled out my phone and dialed Damon's number, pressing the phone to my ear. I could use the mind link to call Damon, but knowing him he was probably passed out in the car drunk while Calum is driving. 

It rang for a second before I heard his tired voice. 

"Dude, what's up? It's like 11:30", he said in a groggy voice. 

"I need you to tell Calum to drive back over here now", I huffed into the phone. 

"Why? What's wrong?", I heard him say before letting out a yawn. I let out a deep growl. 

"God damn it, Damon! Ivy went missing! I need your help to find her!"

"On my way", he said, now awake. I shook my head and quickly hung up the call. 

Let's find her scent again. Hopefully, it'll be close. 

I sighed out before sniffing the air. I got a lot of weird glances from people, but I couldn't care less. Desperate times calls for desperate measures! I let out a small growl and continued down the path I was running. 

~~~~~

20 minutes go by and I started to grow frustrated. I knew that Brandon and Damon, as well as Calum and Sultan were helping me find her. 

'Did you guys find her yet!?'

'No not yet', I heard Brandon's wolf, Jin, call out. I switched off the mind link and looked around. I was now in a different part of town and sniffed the air once more. 

I caught it. Her scent. SHE'S CLOSE!

I immediately rushed towards where it was coming from and her scent grew stronger. I stopped when I didn't see Ivy. Instead, I found a homeless crack addict with her bag. My frustration grew and I stormed over to him. He looked at me in shock, obviously not expecting someone like me to go up to him. 

"Where did you get that bag", I asked. His face grew cold and he held the bag protectively. 

"Why you asking, sonny?", he inquired. I took another step towards him and growled. Then his eyes widened in fear and I smirked to myself. I knew that my eyes turned yellow and he was scared shitless. 

"I-I got it near the bookstore on Norton Lane. Y-You can take it", he said in a shaky voice as he held out the bag towards me. I snatched it from him and left, eager to find Ivy. 

Norton Lane. 

That's where me and Ivy first met. 

I sniffed the bag and my eyes widened.  There was something else mixed in with it. 

Blood. 

My eyes widened and if I wasn't fast earlier, than I sure as hell am now. I bumped and pushed people down to get to her. I didn't like the fact that blood was mixed in with her scent. I turned the corner of the abandoned building where we first met and what I saw made me stop. 

Ivy was leaning against the wall. Bruised and beaten. Blood dripping from her side. 

She attempted to take a step but her body gave out, gravity pulling her down to the ground. I didn't know what came over me, but hearing her body hit the pavement made me feel sick. 

"IVY!!" I yelled in panic and rushed to her side. I fell on my knees and I heard her mumble my name. I placed my hands on each sides her face and lightly shook her head. 

"Ivy! Wake up please! What happened to you!?", I shouted. I looked down and noticed a small piece of glass sticking out of her waist. I felt as if my entire world was crumbling, seeing her hurt and broken in front of me. 

Fuck! NO NO NO NO! 

I placed two of my fingers on her neck and tried looking for a pulse. Luckily,  I found it but it was faint.

SHIT!

'Brandon! Damon! Get the car and come here! NOW!'

I didn't bother to wait for their reply and cut off the mind link again. I looked at Ivy again and bit my lip. 

I need to get that glass out of her! 

But you'll hurt her! 

She'll hurt even more if I don't, Elias! 

I slowly placed my hand around the glass and took a deep breath, before pulling it out. As I did, Ivy let out an ear-piercing scream of pain. When the glass was out, I dug through her bag to find something to stop the bleeding. 

I ended up finding some bandages and wrapped it around her waist to cover the wound, while putting pressure on it. I looked over at Ivy's face as I did, and heard her soft whimpers and cries. 

I felt even more sick to my stomach as she cried and I wanted hold her. So I picked her up and cradled her in my arms, stroking her hair. 

"It's going to be okay, Ivy. I'm so sorry" I whispered in her hair as I held her close. 

I shouldn't have left her alone. 

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry"