Chapter 2

~~Ivy~~

            "Finally", I mumbled after the last bell had rung that day. I managed to find all of my classes and my locker to put away my books. Students were rushing out of the classroom faster than a cheetah chasing after its' prey, while the teacher called out what our homework was for the night. 

           Unlike all the others, who were crammed in the doorway, I managed to successfully to get out of the classroom first and started to walk to the front entrance. When I stepped outside, I shivered and dug through my bag to find my scarf. I wrapped it around my neck and shoved past the couples, jocks, and other students to walk home.

            On my way home, I had to take a small detour to the supermarket. Why you may ask? Because I just now remember that my mom asked me to grab some groceries and so, here I am, carrying two bags filled with vegetables, fruits, Chee-tos, etc. As I walked home, the sky started to grow darker and darker by the minute.

            'If I don't hurry home, my mom might go crazy', I thought as I passed a few shops on my way. 

              But I stopped once I heard a strange noise that came from an alleyway, that was in between two shops. From what my mom taught me, I knew to take precautions if something strange were to happen and by that noise, I knew that something was going on. So taking precautions, I put the bags of groceries in my bag and slowly started making my way down the alley.

            I took quiet steps as I got closer. The noise I heard started to sound much more clearer and I realized that it was voices. Two to be exact. I slowly crouched down and hid behind a pile of boxes and barrels. The voices were definitely deep and husky, so I know that it was two men speaking, but they weren't speaking English. 

            The first voice sounded harsh and demanding while the other sounded just as harsh, but it had a hint of fear. So being the curious person I am, I slowly poked my head out slightly to see what was going on.

            When I did, I regretted it immediately. There, in front of me, stood a guy shrouded in black holding a silver gun at a man who was pinned up against the wall by two other guys. I was frozen in place and my hands clenched into fists.

              The guy holding the gun said something that I couldn't make out before a loud bang was heard followed by a scream of agony and a body thud. I watched in terror as the shooter put another bullet in the man's chest, who then went quiet. The two people who were holding the dead man looked at the shooter. 

              The shooter said something that I once again couldn't hear and the two people quickly got out of my sight, only leaving me and this murder.