Chapter 24

~~~Ivy~~

Waking up the next morning after another haunting nightmare, is something I was getting used to. That oh so familiar feeling of fear was slowly crawling back into me and I knew if I told Kassidy about my dream, they would kick me and my mom out for sure.

I clutched onto the blanket that was covering the lower half of my body and sighed. Everything has been flipped ever since the incident in the alley and I couldn't help but hate myself for letting it happen.

I took self-defense lessons as a kid for a reason! 

To fight him when he came for me and mom! 

But that all went down the drain! 

It was all for nothing! 

I'm still not strong enough!!!

Seeing the memories flashback made me want to burst in tears, but I held them back. I slowly reopened my eyes and stared down at my hand, when I noticed a small splatter of blood was on the side of it. A couple more started to appear as it dripped down. 

What the hell?

I felt something dripping off my nose and my eyes widened in the sudden realization. I wiped my nose with my other hand and let out a gasp. 

WHY THE HELL IS BLOOD DRIPPING DOWN FROM MY NOSE!? 

I threw off my covers and rushed to the bathroom that was connected to my room. I slammed the door closed as I looked at myself in the mirror to see for myself. And sure enough, there was blood dripping from my freaking nose. 

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?! 

I quickly grabbed a tissue and wiped off the blood from my hand and nose. Once it stopped bleeding, I stared at the tissue in disbelief. 

Why would I just start bleeding? 

"Ivy! Are you in there?", a familiar voice was heard on the other side of the door and I jumped at the sound of her voice.  

"Y-Yeah, I'm here Kass", I said as I threw away the gold tissue and opened the bathroom door. Kassidy stood at the doorway with a small smile on her face. 

"Come on! Layla made her homemade noodle soup! We got to get there before the guys do!", she said as she grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the room. I let out a small laugh as we ran down the stairs to the kitchen where the delicious aroma was coming from. We took a seat at the counter and Layla smiled as she saw us walk in. 

"Good morning you two! Did you girls have a good night sleep?", she asked as she placed a bowl of noodles in front of us. Kassidy gave me a small look of worry and I shrugged. 

"Yeah, Layla. We slept fine", I answered as I took a handful of noodles in my mouth, savoring the amazing taste of the soup. 

Oh my lord, this is sooo good! 

I let out moan as I took another bite and heard a small growl behind me that made my body shiver. 

Why do I know who it is already when I don't even need to turn around?

I slowly turned my head to see Alex staring down at me. And this time once again, it was his eyes that captivated. Instead of yellow or his usual brown, they were now black and filled with lust.

But just as fast as it came, it was gone after he took a deep breath. He took a seat at the dinner table behind me and Kass, after going over to Layla and grabbing a bowl of noodles. My eyes didn't leave his as he sat down. I saw his eyes look up and down my body and saw a tiny smirk.