Chapter 52

~~~Alex~~

I felt numb.

Everything felt numb

Numb and empty.

She's not here

She's dead

Because of me. 

I killed her. 

Her blood's on my hands.

The taste of her blood lingered on my tongue as if taunting me of my sin. I wanted to throw up. I wanted to scream. I wanted to shout. I wanted to wake up. Because I knew that this is a dream. But it's a dream where I can't wake up. 

Because this was also my reality.

I was born a monster and that's what I will stay as. 

~~~Ivy~~

"Ivy"

Who's there?

I opened my eyes and looked around to see nothing but pitch blackness. I felt a shiver run up my spine as I took in my surroundings. I was back where I saw Nathan. The demented  version of him. I don't want to be here. 

But this time, I didn't feel scared. I actually felt safe for some reason. 

"Why is it so dark?", I mumbled as I started to walk around in the darkness, in hopes of running into someone. As I continued walking around, I heard someone's voice. A very familiar voice. 

"Ivy"

'Is that who I think it is?', I thought to myself as my pace quickened. As I sped-walked through the darkness, I could see a small light  ahead of me. It was dim, but it was bright enough to were I could make out the figures that stood under it. I wasn't sure but I had a feeling that I knew them. 

Once I got closer, I slowed down my pace and was only a few feet away from them. Their backs were facing me and I wasn't sure if it was okay to even approach them. The last time I did... it didn't end so well.

Suddenly, their backs were no longer facing me and I sucked in a sharp breath when I stood face to face with them. Thankfully, they didn't look dead. But that wasn't what made me gasp. 

"Sis!", Nathan shouted as his face lit up with happiness. Everything was a blur. I felt his arms wrap around me and I could faintly hear his voice. I froze in fear, my arms stayed to my sides, not hugging him back. 

When he noticed, he pulled away and looked up at me. His beautiful blue eyes held sadness but also, understanding. I didn't answer any of his questions. I just continued to stare and study him as if he were a mannequin in a museum. I was too shocked. Nathan looked like himself, but much older, he would've been 16. He had no injuries on him and looked almost alive. 

"Nathan, I heard a feminine voice call out. I tore my eyes off Nathan and looked at the woman in front of me. She looked at me with kind eyes and started walking towards me as well. 

"Ivy, it's so good to finally meet you", she said as she walked, her husband following behind. 

"W-Who are you?", I asked, dumbfoundly. The woman lightly grabbed Nathan's shoulder to pull him away from me. He took a few steps back as the woman came to a stop. 

"I'm Ariel Castronova and this my husband, Vincent. We're Alex's parents", she said with a smile. My jaw slightly dropped. 

"H-How? I-Is this real? Aren't you guys dead? How is my brother here?", I continued to ask.