Chapter 59

~~Alex~~~

When I finally came to, my arms felt like they were heavy with lead and the stench of blood was everywhere. My vision was blurry as I opened my eyes. When the blurriness went away, I saw that I was deep in the forest and that both Damon and Brandon were standing in front of me.

"What...happened", I asked groggily. I went to rub my head, but something prevented me from doing so.  I looked down at my arms and saw a chain. Not only was it wrapped around my arms, it was wrapped around my entire body and my back was against a tree.

What the fuck?

"Guys, what is this? Why am I chained", I asked as I tried breaking free.

"You don't remember?" I heard Damon ask and I shot him a glare

"Of course, I don't. If I did, I wouldn't have asked, dip shit". Damon rolled his eyes and Brandon took a deep breath before replying, "You attacked Stiles and nearly killed him. What's going on, Alex?"

At the mention of that traitor's name, I let out a deep growl and the memory came flooding back.

"Brandon, unchain me right now! That fucker needs to pay for what he's done," I shouted.

"No, we're not doing that until you tell us what's going on! Why did you attack Stiles", Damon demanded. I snarled at his tone and he didn't even flinch. I could use my Alpha tone on them and make them do it.

But it wouldn't feel right to do that.

Taking a deep breath, I reigned in my anger.

"Stiles was the one who took Dylan and Ivy. He gave them away to our enemies during the rogue attack." I finally gave them the answer and it was as something had clicked in their brains. Brandon, immediately, unchained me and before I could even blink, Damon was already gone. Brandon and I ran after him.

"Where is Stiles", I asked Brandon.

"The pack infirmary. Kass is there tending to that traitor's wounds", he replied through gritted teeth. Brandon started to run faster and I was struggling to keep up.

'Sultan', I called through the pack mind link.

'Yes Alpha?'

'Move Stiles to the basement immediately and keep Damon away from Stiles. We need information from him in order to get my Luna back'

'He's the traitor?'

'Yes'

'On it, Alpha'

I looked at Brandon, who was a few paces ahead of me, and started to gain more speed.

Elias? Are you there?

No answer

Elias!

Silence.

Eli-

I cut off mine and Elias' link as soon as the pain hit me. I clutched my head as I ran. It was excruciating. I stopped running in order to make the pain go away, but it only made it worse. I could hear the panic in Brandon's voice, but I couldn't make out what he was saying. My vision got blurry once again and the pain felt like it was spreading. I wrapped my arms around abdomen and let out an ear-splitting scream.

It felt like my stomach was getting turned inside out and I felt tears slipping out of my eyes.

"STOP!"

What?...

"PLEASE! NO MORE!"

Ivy?..

"I SAID STOP! PLEASE!"

Angel, what's wrong?!

~Narrator~

Brandon held onto his Alpha as he screamed in pain. He had no idea why Alex started to scream, but when he turned around, Alex was hunched over the ground, clutching onto his stomach. Brandon rushed to his Alpha and asked what was wrong. But the only response he got was screams in agony and shouts to 'Make it stop!'

Frantically, he called for Sebastian to come to their aid, and while they waited, Brandon watched his best friend cough out blood before the screaming stopped. When Sebastian finally arrived with a few pack members, Brandon explained what had happened to Alex as they got back to the pack house.

They placed Alex in one of the infirmary beds and the nurse hooked him up to the heart monitor. Sebastian started his examination on Alex's body and his eyes widened when they came across a certain mark on Alex's neck.

"Brandon, do you know if Alex and Ivy complete the mating process?"

Brandon was taken aback by Sebastian's sudden question, but shook his head.

"Not that I know of. Why?" Sebastian pointed at the small mark and Brandon's eyes widened as well. His hand, without even realizing it, rubbed over his own mark. A mark that only mates can give one another to symbolize their love and acceptance for each other. But Brandon was sure that Alex and Ivy didn't even get close to mating. They hadn't even been together for a year, and Alex wasn't the type of guy to force it on her.

So how was it that Alex had the marking of a mate?