Chapter 42

A/N: LONG AWAITED CHAPTER! SORRY IT'S SO SHORT BUT ENJOY! 

~~~Ivy~~

Elias's words hit me like a ton of bricks. It was true. How can Alex open up to me when he knows nothing about me? I'm such a god damn hypocrite! I stopped petting Elias at the realization that I haven't opened up to Alex and he looks at me. I start getting up and he does as well.

"I have to go Elias" I say as I run off back to the house, leaving Elias in the field.

On my way back, I hear a few rustling bushes but I ignore it when the house comes into view. I approach the back door and I look around, not wanting anyone catching me. It was 4 AM in the morning and I don't want to wake anyone up. I slowly pull back the door and step inside the kitchen. I make my way to Alex's room and just as I was about to knock on the door, it opened to reveal a sweaty and shirtless Alex.

Oh lord, help me. 

Curse that sexy boy for having the body of a Greek god. 

"Did you need something, Angel?" he asks as he leans up against the door. He has a sexy smirk on his face and I can't help but blush. I clear my throat and look at his deep brown eyes. 

"Can I come in?" I was surprised at how my voice came out in a whisper. He nods and opens the door even wider. I step inside his room and I grab his hand, intertwining our fingers. Alex looks down at our intertwined fingers and I pull him toward his bed. 

"Already bedding me, angel? Never took you as that type of girl", he jokes as we both sit down on the bed. Shaking my head at his lame joke, I grab his other hand and take a deep breath. I open my mouth to speak, but no words come out and I suddenly feel very nervous.

Why are you being hesitant? 

Well... what if he thinks different of me after I tell him? What if he throws out both me and my mom? 

You need to stop being so scared. He won't reject us. He won't hurt you. Trust in him. 

He won't want a murder in his house! Let alone love a murder!

Trust me. He won't leave you. 

Noticing my sudden quietness, Alex looks at me with concern in his eyes. 

"What's wrong, angel? Did something happen?" he asks with worry. I shake my head and tighten my hold onto his hands. 

Well, here goes nothing

"I'm no angel, Alex" I reply with a shaky voice. Alex's brows furrow at my statement. 

"What are you talking abo-"

"I killed my brother"