{ ENTRY 47 • His }

Brent's Final POV

All my life, I've always been a subject of the public eye. As much as I want to go steady and low-profile, I can't. It's because my name is synonymous to fame and controversies, just like my Dad when he was a brat douchebag when he married my Mom. Namamana nga siguro yung ganun.

I was seven years old when I knew from my parents that I'm going to marry someone when I grow up. I didn't contested to them why I need to do it nor ask why am I going to wed a woman who doesn't exist in my memory. Unlike my Dad who's very a happy-go-lucky guy, I was a kind of son who always nods and follows whatever my parents want me to do. Since I was a kid, I never thought twice to follow them, my life was controlled. Good thing for me, hindi ko ugaling makipagtalo sa mga bagay na alam kong nakatakda nang mangyari. What for? To waste my energy and my saliva? Wag na lang.

I am much aware that I'm growing up being a cold, cruel guy. I'm not close with my brothers which I know that they're also growing up intimidated and distant at me. My life is just plain gray decorated with money. Those are the best words to describe myself. Did these interests me? Not.

"Brent, I like you. Crush na kita since Senior High, now that we're on college, I will not waste any of my time not to talk to you." A schoolmate of mine once said.

I stared at her blankly without saying anything.

"It took all my courage to overhaul and transform myself into much better person."

Oo nga pala, she's my classmate before. And she was very nerdy with big specs and baggy clothes. Pero ngayon, nagtransform na siya. Nothing special.

I smirked, "Good for you, then." I faced her my back.

"Wait!" she stopped me.

"Anything else to say, Miss? You're wasting my time."

"M-Miss? Hindi mo ba alam ang pangalan ko, Brent?" She asked outrageously.

"Why? Do I need to know that? You're less important, knowing your name doesn't make any sense to me." I finally told her and walked away.

Cruel words come from my mouth no matter how I stopped myself. I guess this is really innate with me. I've received numerous confessions from my schoolmates, fans from my modelling stint at Rebelstar and even indecent proposal from bisexual and gays but nothing suited my interests. I was not looking for someone to love to, yet alone flirt women. That's a total waste of time.

"May sakit ka ba?" Taehyung asked me one time during a family reunion.

I smirked at him and did not say anything. Wala ako sa mood makipag-usap sa isip-batang 'to.

"Ay grabe, oh. Sungit mo talaga - ah, hindi. Masama talaga ang ugali mo." nakangisi siya.

I breathe heavily and tapped his shoulder. Less likely a punch. "I don't care if I'm a bad person or what. I just don't wanna talk with you."

Taehyung hastily laughed and slouched in his seat. And if I may include, manners aren't his thing, too. "You know what, my dear cousin, I'm just waiting for that perfect time that you'll meet someone your match. Kasi sa nakikita ko, you're going to be rude all of your goddamn life."

I shrugged off, "I don't simply match with whoever, Taehyung. Bear that in mind."

"Hmm, let's see."

Life is really tricky when I say that I met my first girlfriend, Selena Guzman, after two months to be exact. I initially met her in Jeju Island, South Korea when we're both eighteen years old. I'm spending holiday alone so was her. She's simple yet elegant. She's reserved but cheerful. It wasn't hard to like her. Hindi ko naman akalain nun na interesado na pala ako sa kanya. Yun kasi ang unang beses na nagkaroon ako ng interes sa babae. I thought I became almost a stalker nung sumusunod ako sa bawat itinerary niya. Hindi ko alam kung bakit ko ginagawa 'yun. Pero isang bagay lang ako sigurado, that's when I fell in love with her slowly by slowly.