The Final Snow

Skip to Christmas..

I sighed as I laid back in the cold white powder. Fresh snow.

I loved this. I heard someone lay down next to me. I opened my eyes and looked over to see Chris laying to my right.

"Hey, Cassie. First Christmas together then?" He asked and I nodded

"Our first Christmas together of many." I smiled and we brought our faces together in a slow and passionate kiss.

"Hey, lovebirds, food is here!" We heard Kylie call after us.

I smiled and he stood up, and helped me up and we headed inside, and saw Ryan and Ricky laying out a variety of pizza, chicken wings, and some Chinese food at my request.

"Bon Appetite!"Ryan exclaimed happily and we all dug into the food and began eating as we watched Cops on TV.

"So. Who's ready to exchange gifts?" Devin asked excitedly as we all ate our food.

We all bought each other Gifts for the holidays which definitely costed a bit for me, as I wanted everything to be perfect. The only person I didn't spend money on was Ricky. I had dug into some old boxes that I requested mom to send, and I found a picture of the two of us as kids and so I had it framed and touched up with color.

On the top of the frame was engraved "I smile because you're my brother" and on the bottom "I laugh because there's nothing you can do about it".

My gifts for the others were CDs they had wanted, TShirts, phone cases etc.

One thing I got everyone was a necklace with a key on it. The key was gold and had jewels in the bar of the key.

I got Chris a picture from our first date. It was a selfie of us together. It was framed and I had carved three hearts into the frame.

I had gotten a promise ring on a necklace from Chris. The ring was black with a light blue gem.

Ricky had gotten some of our grandfather's skeleton keys and salvaged one for me. It was the same size as his except the shape of the key handle was different, and it was a shade of gold.

The others had gotten me band shirts, CDs and then I opened Josh's gift.

There were two thin pieces of paper inside... concert tickets.

"Oh my god." I said under my breath and saw the concert was a Depeche Mode concert for next month.

"Oh my god, thank you so much, Josh!" I exclaimed and hugged him tightly.

"For you and Chris." He said with a smile and I smiled back

"Don't you wanna come along too?" I asked and he shrugged

"Nah, enjoy it. Just you two." He said happily and I smiled and we finished up giving our gifts out and then continued to watch Nightmare Before Christmas.

I sat in the middle of the couch between Chris and Ricky, Ryan sat on the arm of the couch.

By our legs sat Vinny, Josh and Devin sat in the chair next to the couch.

"Merry Christmas you guys." I said happily and they all looked to me.
"This is the first Christmas I had with a family." I said with tears in my eyes and we all got together for a group hug.

"We'll always be your family, Cassie. Blood or not." Ryan said with a smile and I smiled back

"Thanks you guys." I said and we all sat together late that Christmas night watching Tim Burton movies.

I never had a sort of family as close to me as Ricky, the guys and the girls.

The girls went to spend Christmas with their parents and when they returned, we would have a one day late Christmas party together.

I loved the life I had. Even if I have stomach cancer, it can't stop me from living a fun and full filled life.

A life with an amazing brother and amazing boyfriend to look after me,  some pretty awesome best friends, and a family.

You know, family doesn't end with blood. It doesn't end with relation. and a home isn't always where you were born or raised. A home is where you can be happy with your family. And your family can be anyone you're close to and will trust will pretty much your life.

These guys are my family.
Pennsylvania is my home.
This is my life now.

I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.