Deranged Chp.29

Sky's POV

My lack of sleep was beginning to catch up to my aching body. My body screamed to be relaxed on a bed while I fought to keep my eyes open. When Harry sat up from his reclined seat, I hoped it was a sign of relief for me. "Ok, I'm awake now! Pull off and we'll switch"

I jerked the truck off to the side immediately, as my eyelids were beginning to fall.

Harry pulled himself out of the passenger seat and walked around to the drivers side. I slid over and was kindly welcomed by the heat Harry had transferred to the seat. Harry pulled off, and continued driving the desolate highway leading us no where. It was pretty easy driving for me, as not even a single turn came upon me. Finally not behind the wheel, I nestled deep into the seat and closed my burning eyes.

Once again Harry made an expected appearance in my dream. He was happy, happier than I'd ever seen him, and so was I, we were glowing. The world around us was bright, colors everywhere. And the sun was brighter than I'd ever seen before, considering the year round darkness our small town suffered. Nothing was unusual or odd until a tiny fairy like creature flew over my head. Everywhere we went the little fairy followed, and everyone was so kind. Not a single negative thing was mentioned. A kind woman offered me a flower, which Harry pinned in my hair. I was wearing the most unusual attire for me, a dress covered in daisies and a bright new pair of white sneakers. My hair was lying over my shoulders, waves lined throughout my brunette hair. "Your flawless Sky!"
"Far from it Harry!"
"Well if anyone's achieved close to perfection, you've beaten them!"
"I love you Harry!"
the mention of those words was the last good thing... The sky darkened, and the clouds signaled and uninviting storm. A car lined in black and white with blue and red sirens set on top, pulled up. They removed their handcuffs and had Harry cuffed in two minutes flat. "NO STOP!" I screamed, while hitting the policeman, hoping to grab his focused attention."Miss let go NOW! Or you'll accompany him in that back seat!"
"Do it! Cuff me! I DARE YOU!" I snarled at the angered policeman.
Tapping coud be felt on my shoulder, no matter how hard I tried to ignore it.

My heart told me to escape the dream, but my mind said stay.

"Sky wake up!" Harry whispered in a lod manner, while nudging my shoulder. "What?"
"You were, um-you... You were talking out loud again."
CRAP! "What'd you hear?"
"NO HARRY!" Harry tried to impersonate me by re-toning his voice extra high. I punched him lightly on the shoulder (although I could've really hurt him) and playfully rolled my eyes, in an effort to hide my rising smile. "What was your dream about anyway?" Harry asked, his persistent curiosity getting the better of him. "Well... you..."
"Duh!" he spat, annoyed at my obvious answer. "Well you picks me up and threw me into the ocean..."

Lie. I didn't have the heart to tell him what really happened, out of fear of the effects it may have on him.

Harry laughed at my innocent answer. "Have you ever seen the ocean?"
"No... only in my dreams..." I sadly answered, realizing how depressing it actually was. "It's beautiful, or so the pictures make me believe."
Harry had never seen the ocean either. We were two people absentminded to what the rest of the world withheld. Being confined in our tiny town our whole lives, only leaving once or twice, to retrieve things only miles away in our neighboring cities.

The sky was beginning to form splashes of orange and pink as the sun awoke from its slumber. I'd never seen a sunrise, and by the fascinated look on Harrys face, I could tell he hadn't either. "Amazing isn't it ?"
"Beyond amazing. I've never seen one before, although I've always desired it"
"Yea, I tried one time, but I ended up falling asleep..." I laughed, rennet ing my failed attempt. "When my parents would leave us at night to attend to their 'customers', my sister would alway sing me to sleep. Believe it or not, I had trouble falling asleep. She always told me everything would be ok, because even the darkest nights come to an end when the sun rises."
Harry's speed had decreased as a result of his concentration. "She was right you know, everything is going to be ok."
"Why? Because we escaped in time?"
I don't think I was prepared for the answer Harry spoke, "No, I met you and now all the bad things have seemed to just fade away."