Deranged Chp.33

Sky's POV

We've been living, or hiding actually, in Yorkshire Cove for 4 weeks now. We'd come to learn the town was so small it didn't show up on a map, which was perfect considering our publicity status.

We saw people out in town sure, but we always avoided them otherwise. Our privacy was important to us.

"Lets get a cat!" Harry yelled from the living room, his eyes locked on the moving screen. "Why a cat? I like dogs!"
"Cats are way better!"
"Yeah but knowing you, I'll end up taking care of it!"
"Whatever! Wont know till you try now will ya?"
"You got me!"
"So we can get one?!" he sounded like a little boy. "Yes, we can get a cat!" I pleased Harry with my answer, bopping the tip of his nose as I walked by.

"This one!!! Please!!!" Harry begged, jumping up and down in front of the cage. "Fine ok, let's go now, it smells AWFUL in here." My palm covered my mose, attempting to block out the awful smells. Harry picked up the gray fluffy kitten and placed it in the box. His expression was adorable, I just wanted to kiss him, so I did. "What's that for?"
"I felt like it" I grinned.

While I entertained our new kitten in the living room, tugging around a piece of string, Harry tended to the phone. He paced off onto the porch so he could focus on the call and not the cute new kitty.

It was dark now, and Harry was still outside. I carried the kitty, or Luna, as Harry insisted she be called, into the laundry room so she wouldn't stumble into any trouble.

I peeked out the screen door, and saw him, head in his hands, sitting on the swing. "Harry?" he looked up at me. I regretted interrupting him as soon as I did it. He was focused, completely lost in his thoughts. "Sorry I-"
"She's dead." Harry said, eyes intensely locked with mine. "Who?"

"My mom" he quickly said, his tone solid and cold. I scooted next to Harry on the swing, causing it to creak and sway a little. My palm rubbed circles on his back, attempting to soothe the wrecked boy.

"I just- I can't believe she's gone. She never treated me right, but I could've at least TRIED to help!"

"Don't Harry. None of this is your fault. What could you have done? She was already too far gone once you were finally old enough to try and help! Don't beat yourself up over-"

"No! You don't understand! I was her only family she had left! And I left her! It is my fault she's dead!"
His voice cracked at the end, tears beginning to form in the corners of his eyes. It surprised me to see him break down like that, he was never one to cry in these situations. But when you hold it in for so ling, its only a short matter of time before you burst.

He wiped the tears away, trying to hide them from me, but it was too late. "Harry if you need to cry I'll be here to hold you, just like you were for me"
"No, I can't, I'm the one who needs to be strong! For you!"
"No. I love how you always help me and support me but its ok this time, I'm here, I love you. I don't care, if you need to stay up crying, I'll stay up all night with you. And if you think I'll get tired of it, and lose my love for you... Just know, you can never lose my love."
Harry cupped my face with his dominating hands. He stared deeply and intently into my eyes. "I know. And know too that you'll NEVER lose mine. You are the most important thing in my life Sky and that's not because your the only thing left in my life either"
"I guarantee I'm not near as important to you as you are to me. You saved me Harry"
"We saved each other"

Harry and I snuggled under a blanket in the hammock string between to identical trees. He was still distraught from the previous events, so i told him id comfort him under the stars. Harry had an obsession with the night sky, so it didn't surprise me to see him staring at the twinkling stars. The sparkling stars reflected off his flawless, green eyes, giving them an illuminate look that made my heart skip a beat. His eyes and his hands were my obsession. The color of his eyes and effect they had on me were indescribable. His hands always managed to engulf mine, giving the illusion that they shrank.

"Hey Sky? Can I make a promise to you?"
"Sure" I shyly said, unaware if the coming promise. "I'll be your sky if you'll be my star"
"Of course I'll be your star. But there isn't just a single star in the sky. It's filled with thousands possibly millions."
My metaphor referred to all the other girls in the world. How could Harry only love me? Only support me? Considering the amount of other "stars"

"Well they don't matter. They're dull and apathetic. Always know you shine brighter than anyone else does"