2.

Charles' POV

"Welcome home!" I unlock my apartment door and push it open for us.

"It's beautiful, honestly," she smiles and looks up at me.

We're still standing in the doorway so her shoulder is pressed against my chest as we stand.

"Well, I'll show you to the guest room," I nod curtly and help carry in her bag.

"You mean," she puts her hand on her chest and dramatically gasps, "we're not sharing a room?... psh, some sleepover this is." She laughs and picks up her purse.

Her even mentioning us sharing a room makes my insides flip.

"Yeah yeah yeah," I say mockingly, "I don't like sharing," I wink again.

Jesus. Stop winking you dickwad. Oh my God.

"Understandable," she says as she follows me to the guest room, right next to my room.

----20 minutes later----

"Hadley! Dinner's set!" I call. No response. She said she'd be taking a nap and if for some reason she didn't wake up I could wake her up.

I knock on the door. No answer but I hear something.

"Hadley?" I call through the door.

That's when I recognize the sound. Moaning.

Light moaning and heavy breathing. But there's nobody else here.

Dumbass. She's masturbating. You do it in your car in broad daylight. Get over it.

I walk back to the kitchen replaying the sounds of her moans through my head. I splash cold water on my face and turn back to the delivered pizza in front of me.

Hadley's POV-

I lay in my bed, one hand over my mouth and one in my lacy underwear. I moan softly as I reach closer to my climax.

The truth is; I've had a crush on Charlie since I was 6. Started as a cute kiddy crush but here i am years later, masturbating while he's on the other side of the door somewhere. I hear him call for dinner and his footsteps get closer. I try to contain my moaning while I finally reach my climax. My back arches off the bed and I feel the warm sticky wetness on my fingers. I slowly slide my hand from my panties and grab my pajama shorts, throwing them on as well as a tank top.

I make my way out of my room and into the kitchen.

"Sleep well?" His muscular back is turned to me as I sit on a barstool at the island.

"Definitely," I grin to myself and circle my fingers on the counter.

He turns and smiles at me, setting a plate of pizza and breadsticks down in front of me. He stretches one arm up to grab some glasses and his t-shirt lifts up slightly, revealing a perfectly sculpted V-Line down to his sweatpants.

"Thirsty?" He asks and I snap my eyes up to meet his deep brown ones.

"Y-yes," I stutter.

"Are you okay?" He cocks an eyebrow as he pours our drinks.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just, erm, really thirsty," I smile my most convincing smile.

He nods as if it made sense. I'm safe.

"Voila," he smiles, passing me a Coke, "dinner is served."

"Learn to cook it by yourself?" I ask as I grin.

"Oh yes. It's very tiring to lift up the phone, dial the number, order, pay. Oh my gosh, I don't know how I do it," he smiles back.

I genuinely love this man. I always have. But he thinks of me as just this kid he knew years ago.

"Lot on your mind?" He asks, taking a swig of soda.

"You have no idea," I giggle softly and shake my head.

"Me too," he gives a side smile. I swear I saw something flicker in his eyes.

"Like what?" I ask quietly.

"Work. It's getting rough," he scrunched his eyebrows together, "you?"

"Oh. Uhm. Probably just the move, you know?" I lie again.

He nods and throws his empty plate away.

"Do you even taste your food? Or do you just swallow it?"

He chuckles, "I'm gonna go take a shower, okay?"

I nod, not trusting myself to speak as I imagine him in the shower.

----- 25 minutes later ------

I hear the water turn off and I start to head back to my room to sleep.

I stop and glance to my left, through the crack in his door. I see him walk in, black towel around his waist as water beads down his bare abs and that damned V-Line. I chew on my lip as I soak in the view.

"Shit," I mumble to myself and tip-toe run to my room. Once I'm in I shut my door and climb into my bed.

Knock knock knock.

"Come in!" I shout as I pull the covers up over me.

"Hey Haddy," he speaks softly with a smile.

"Hey Charlie," I smile back.

"Goodnight," he walks in and kisses my head.

"Goodnight," I mumble back as the feeling of his lips on my forehead burns into me.

And before I know it he's back in the hallway, and my door's cracked. Just like when I was younger. I smile to myself and lay back into the pile of squishy pillows behind me. Soon the room goes black as I fall into a much needed sleep.

Charles' POV-

That girl will be the death of me.

I sigh as I climb into my bed. I wonder who she was thinking about earlier, who made her want to touch herself. It couldn't be me. Probably one of the younger guys from the office. But, my god, she's even more gorgeous without makeup on and her hair done. She looked perfect tonight in her pajamas with a bun and no makeup. Her beautiful green eyes still popping when she speaks. I groan and try to ease my thoughts as I roll over in bed, finally welcoming sleep like a long lost friend. A much needed sleep. Although I probably won't get too many peaceful nights with that woman down the hall from me.