47.

Hadley's POV-

I open my eyes slowly and wince at the bright white ceiling.

"Baby," I hear a small voice beside me.

"What?"

"I said hey baby," Charles speaks softly.

"Hey," I groan and try to move my legs.

"How long was I asleep?"

"About three days," he responds quietly.

"What?" I ask as I quickly sit up.

I wince sharply as the sudden pain in my stomach rings through my body.

"The baby," I hurriedly whisper as pull at my blankets around my waist.

"He's out," he answers and I look at him for the first time. His eyes are clouded over and the bags beneath them are black and purple.

"Out?" I ask.

"They took him out," he answers quietly.

"Is he okay?"

"They took him to the NICU," he sighs and takes my hand in his, "they'll bring us updates."

I nod slowly, "he was breathing right?"

"Hadley," he answers quietly.

"Answer me," I whisper.

"Yes," he sighs, "he was breathing. Just not good enough."

"Charles," I watch his face for expressions.

"He's on breathing tubes," he rubs his temples, "he's okay."

"What even happened?"

"Well the doctors said that they think your body went into fight or flight mode and just shut down," he looks at me with the zombie eyes, "they couldn't get you to wake up. You've had three different types of scans. Baby boy was taken out when you first got here. It was a whirlwind of medical procedures."

"I'm so sorry honey," I squeeze his hand gently.

He smiles to me and lays his head down on my leg. I comb my fingers through his hair slowly.

"You need to sleep," I whisper.

"No I'm okay," he says groggily as he tries to lift his head up.

He turns to look at me, "I didn't write his name."

"What?" I ask, we had agreed on the names so I don't know why he wouldn't write it.

"I wanted you to see him before we named him," he smiles.

I smile lovingly at the zombie man in front of me.

There's a light knock on the door to the room and a doctor walks in.

"Ready to see baby boy?" He asks with a small smile.

I nod eagerly and start to stand.

"Woah woah woah," he stops me and pulls a wheelchair out from the hallway.

Him and Charles help me stand and sit slowly in the chair as they move my IV to the wheelchair's stand. We roll slowly down the hall after I assure Charlie that I'll be fine and he needs to sleep.

"Here he is," a little blonde woman speaks softly as we enter a little room with a rocking chair and baby bed. She wheels me to the little glassed in baby bed.

"Do you have a name?" She asks sweetly.

"I wanted to see him first," I look at the little human in front of me. I feel such an overwhelming feeling of love and sadness. The sadness comes from seeing him hooked to so many wires and tubes.

"He's okay mama," the lady whispers to me with a smile, "the doctor thinks he'll be able to come off the machines tonight."

I smile and sigh in relief.

"Eli," I smile, "Eli Wynn Jekyll."

She smiles to me. I smile remembering the 'compromise' on his middle name. I look at him and smile.

"Good morning, Eli." I smile as I watch him stir.