33.

Hadley's POV-

I come back down the stairs and see Charles on the phone in the living room. I smile and kiss his cheek before heading out to the garage. I bite my lip as my eyes bounce to the different cars in front of me. Which baby should I take today?

"Might I suggest the Lamborghini?" Michael speaks from behind me.

I smile and he tosses me a key with the Lamborghini keychain. Douchey. I smirk as I press the start button and I look to my right as an engine rumbles to life. I smile wider and turn to Michael.

"A Lambo only has so much trunk space," I grin.

"You can use the truck's trunk," he rolls his eyes, "now lets go."

I can't keep the smile off my face as I slide into the front seat. I scream a little as I adjust the mirrors and the butterfly feeling in my stomach never leaves.

I smile as I pull out of the driveway

I smile as I pull out of the driveway. The car going smooth as he pull away from the house and onto the road. As we get to a stop sign my phone dings. It's a text from Charles.

Hubby 🖤: grab some gushers while you're out.

Me: You got it.

Hubby🖤: I love you. And treat the Lambo nicely. ;)

Me: Sure thing. Another grad present? ;)

Hubby🖤: Birthday gift from a friend actually.

I roll my eyes and hear Michael honk. Asshole. I smile and pull away from the stop sign, all eyes on me... well the car. I smile.

As we finally pull up to the store I climb out and lock it. I make my way inside and a woman rushes to me.

"Hadley Trait?" She asks.

I learned my lesson last time and I just continue walking, Michael close behind me. A few more people gather.

"Can I just buy some damn chicken nuggets in peace?" I grumble to a guy who's getting way too close and catching the eye of Michael.

"What was that?" He asks as he steps closer. This time Michael puts his hand on my upper back and hold his other arm out, blocking the man. I grab my nuggets and grab a few other things. As I make my way to the gushers I see the same woman from earlier.

She points a camera in my face and snaps a picture. The flash momentarily blinds me as I throw the box in the buggy.

"Really bitch?" I exclaim and push the camera back. Michael's hurries over after dealing with the other guy and leans down to my ear.

"Go to the car I'll check out," he whispers.

"I'm fine," I answer as I grip the buggy's handle harder.

"Bad press is not what you need right now," he whispers, "Go and stay in the lot until I come out."

I grudgingly walk outside and flip back into the front seat. I turn the car on and see Michael at the register. I see the group of psychos with cameras as they see the car roar on. As the start coming out of the door I see Michael look at me warily.

Should I?

I see them moving closer, like a hoard of zombies coming at me.

Fvck it.

I put it in drive and peel out. I see Michael running to the truck and literally throwing the groceries into the back and watching me. As the light turns red I get nervous.

Come on, come on.

As he starts the truck the light turns green. I speed and take a turn. I lose him after a few more turns. I pull off onto a side road and turn my music on, sitting an relaxing. I swear to everything, this is what's going to make me start smoking again I swear.

I turn the music up louder and lean back, enjoying the beat and listening to the words.