25.

AN: I know it may seem annoying and I apologize but I'm going to insert pictures of the interior of their house throughout the story! I don't think I'll be doing this a lot just because I'm not sure how you'd like it. But. I will as like a house tour type of things

Hadley's POV-

As the car begins slowing down I pull my head off of Charles' shoulder and look out the window. I just see a thick line of trees on either side of a massive black gate. It's already so beautiful.

"Four, zero, seven, five," Charles lists out numbers as the driver presses them in slowly. After he presses the final button I hear a slow clinking sound and watch the gate doors slowly open themselves. It's almost like a horror movie, but beautiful. I keep my eyes glued to the window as a house appears.

Holy shit.

"This looks a castle," I whisper as the car pulls to the front door.

"Well princess," he smiles, "welcome home."

My stomach flips as we get out and grab our bags. We make our way inside and the house is even more beautiful on the inside. It's like rustic but modern at the same time.

"This is insane," I whisper as I set my bags down in the entryway.

A small woman comes rushing to us. She's dressed in a white button up and black pants.

"Mr. Jekyll!," She hugs him tightly and then turns to me.

"I'm Hadley," I extend my hand. She shakes it gently with a very kind smile, "ah, Miss Trait."

Miss Trait?

"You can call me Hadley," I smile as I pick my bag back up.

"Oh no," she says quickly and grabs my bags, "you don't need to worry about this. I'll bring it to the master room."

As she leaves Charles and I are left standing in the room alone again.

"Okay," I push his arm, "you're like rich rich."

He chuckles awkwardly, "I guess so."

I grab his hands playfully and pull him into the center of the room, "wanna give me the tour?"

He smiles and pull me to him to peck my lips quickly, "well this is the living room."

I smile as I take in the sight.

It's dark, but homey

It's dark, but homey. I smile as I notice picture frames on the mantel.

"Who was this?" I ask as I examine a couple in black and white. The woman has beautiful black hair teased to the heavens and the man's is slicked back and jet black. He almost resembles the king of rock himself.

"My aunt and uncle," he smiles as he wraps his arms around my waist and rests his chin on my shoulder.

"That was my uncle's 21st birthday," he whispers, "1954."

"How is that your uncle if he was already 21 in the fifties?"

"My great aunt and uncle," he kisses my cheek and pulls back. I set the picture back down and walk to the stairs.

"What's up here?" I ask.

"Our room, our guest room, and our library."

"We have a library?" I ask and turn to him excitedly.

He nods with a grin playing on his face.

He takes my hand and guides me up the beautiful wooden stairs. Normally I wouldn't like this much wood in one house, but here it's beautiful. He leads me to a pair of huge double doors. He opens them slowly and we walk in. I can literally feel my mouth fall open at the sight. There are books lining each side of the room like a wallpaper. It's dim, not dark, but comfortably dim. I run my finger tips over the books gently.

"Nobody's used this room for literal decades," he whispers as he takes a sad look around.

"Why not?" I ask as I pull a copy of To Kill A Mockingbird off a shelf.

"This was my great grandmother's favorite place," he shrugged, "when she passed nobody was as big of a book enthusiast has her. So, unfortunately we just let it go." He walks to the desk in the center of the room. I watch as a small smile forms on his face.

"What is it?" I ask as I slowly walk to him.

He holds up a small box. I just look at it. The box itself is quite gorgeous. It's small and velvet and deep maroon. He opens it slowly to reveal the most beautiful rings I've ever seen.

"My great grandfather proposed in the 1930's. My great grandmother was only fourteen," he smiles as he looks at the ring, "all he had was an emerald and a wire. So he made the engagement ring himself. Then, when they grew older my great grandfather came into a very large amount of illegal money. So he kept the jewel but got a proper band. Then after many years of gang related activity, he cleaned himself up and created our family's business. After he began making heaps of money from that he had this house built and they began their family. Then as a gift to her, he upgraded her ring again and got this."

I smile as I hear him talking about his family. Then he suddenly looks to me and smiles. He drops slowly to one knee and looks up at me.

"So," he smiles and holds onto my hand, "I'd like to keep this ring in the family."

My heart pounds and I can feel the tears welling up. Is this really happening?