14.

Hadley's POV~

I wake up, still entangled in the sheets. Only this time, Charlie isn't here. I groan and rub my eyes before finally prying myself from the bed. I pull on a pair of underwear and wince as they slide over a sore spot. I walk into the bathroom attached to his room and check my butt in the mirror. I see a bruise, in the clear shape of a mouth. I smile as I remember the events from the night before. I glide my fingertips over the teeth indentions and then down to the bruises on my inner thighs, then finally to the smaller bruises on my throat.

"Having fun?" I take my attention from my reflection and look up to see his reflection staring at me, coffee cup in hand.

"Just admiring your work," I smile back to him as he makes his way to me.

"Wanna see yours?" He sets his cup down on the bathroom counter and turns around.

I gasp and run my hand down his back. The scratches and hand prints so deep that a few of them have lines of blood peaking through. I lean in and kiss them gently.

"I'm so sorry... I had no idea I was that rough with it," I can't help but feel guilty and kind of excited all at the same time.

He turns around and picks his coffee back up, takes a sip, and sets it back down.

"Trust me Hadley," he answers huskily, "I don't mind at all. It lets me know I'm doing my job well."

"Very well," I grin and walk back out of the bathroom, him following close behind.

The phone rings and I slide it to answer, "Hadley."

••Charlie's POV-

I smile at the professional tone of her voice.

She glances at me, then hesitates. I'm assuming they're talking about something on the confidential side of things.

"I'm just not sure I'm right for that job, sir. Did you guys ask Dawson? Or maybe Draker? No? You sure you want me?"

I can't help the chuckle rising as she looks so confused and surprised in one.

"Yes, sir, I'll consider."

With that she hangs up.

"Care to explain?" I ask and head into the kitchen, Hadley following behind.

"I was just offered a job," she bites her nail, "a bigger job."

"What kind of job? Like a new case?" I ask again as I pull down a coffee cup.

She shakes her head, "Uhm... Noah Kidman saw my file and asked me to join his team."

"Noah Kidman?" I stop what I'm doing and turn around to face her.

She nods, "Like CIA Noah Kidman."

"What job did they offer you?"

"You know 'Noah's Angels'?" She asks.

"The hot ones that they drop in the middle of shit and use to get information with their looks? Yeah, I know them."

"He wants me to be one."

"A Noah's Angel? Hell no."

"Why not?" She asks defensively.

"One, they're used for their sex appeal to pull information out of guys. Two, they're constantly at risk. And three, they have the dumbest aliases in the word."

"No they don't!" She lets out and exasperated laugh.

"Harley, Haley, and Heather? Because that's not suspicious at all. And they all have the dark hair and light eyes, and they all go places together. Don't they only have three though? They already have three! They don't need a fourth!"

"Harley was shot," she answers quietly.

"Hell no," I answer quickly, "I want you nowhere near that."

"I'm just supposed to say no to NOAH KIDMAN?"

"Yes! I'm glad we're on the same page here!"

"Charlie can we at least talk about this?"

"We just did," I shake my head and pull out the coffee pot, "There's nothing else that needs to be said."

"Charlie-"

"No Hadley," I shake my head quickly, "there's no reason for it. You're a great help in the FBI and you're doing incredible there and you're safe there. You talk about loving your job... so why leave it ? Why leave something you know you love for a life of constant worry and threat?"

"I know it sounds dangerous-"

It doesn't SOUND dangerous, it IS dangerous... they're literally recruiting you because Harley was killed. KILLED like DEAD killed. I don't want that to be you."

"Look, I told him I'd think about it. I never said for sure I would or wouldn't take it, okay?"

I nod reluctantly, "fine."