36.

Hadley's POV-

I slowly step around Charles and look at my father.

His hair is messy and grown out, the color in his once naturally tan skin is drained, as he looks at me I see the stubble along his chin. The massive bags under his eyes.

"Dad," I whisper but Charlie grabs me before I get any closer to him.

"The last time he looked like this was when your mom took you and left," he whispers in my ear, "he's been drinking."

My heart sinks... drinking? My dad doesn't drink.

"He got very violent last time," this time I feel his grip around my waist tighten.

"Well hello," my dad slurs as he stands from his seat.

I instinctively take a step back into Charles' chest.

"Well isn't that the fucking cutest?" He speaks a little louder.

"Mikey I think maybe you should lay down," My very calm sounding fiancé speaks from behind me, "you don't look so good."

At this point my dad looks directly at my neck.

"Oh! So not only do you have to take the only person my life is worth living for! But you choke her out too!" He steps closer balling his fists.

"No Mike," Charles steps us back, "it isn't what it looks like."

"Really? Because to me it looks like you beat my daughter? Or did she accidentally choke herself?" He spits back. I feel the tears in my eyes. This isn't my dad. This is just the shell of a guy who pumped himself full of alcohol.

"Daddy," I whisper and step closer to him. He hauls his hand back and before I can focus on anything the back of his hand is connecting with the side of my face. I grab ahold of my cheek and stare at him. The look of slight regret stamped on his face. However, it quickly washes away.

"He did this to me in bed," I say through gritted teeth, "is that what you wanna hear?" I call. And now Brielle and Michael join us in the kitchen.

"You want me to tell you about our wild sex nights?" I basically yell at him, "because so help me God there's been a lot I can tell you about."

He now grabs ahold of my throat and pulls my face closer to his, I'm on my toes and have my hands wrapped around his wrist.

"What the fuck would your mother think?" I can't help the tears from flowing as Michael and Charles yell at him to keep his hands off me.

He drops me and I see Michael run to him and push him to the ground.

"I guess she wouldn't care, huh?" I cough as Charles helps me up, "she'd be happy that I'm loved! You said you were okay with this!"

He stands and as he seems to have calmed down some Michael backs up, giving my dad just a little more space.

"Of course fucking not," he grumbles and stares at me with such anger, "because you're just like her!"

I can't help the river of tears coming down my face.

"Mike," Charles whispers as I find myself back in his arms, "This is your daughter. You're scaring her. This isn't the you she wants to see."

"You know I had to learn from Facebook that you two got engaged? And not even through a friend! I found out through a god damn tabloid!"

I sob harder.

"We didn't know where you went! You just up and fucking vanished!"

Dad steps closer, "her and her mom are nothing but whores at this point. I guess that's what I get for letting her take you."

I spin around and smack him, "get the fuck out."

"Oh so you're gonna do everything your mom did?" He spits at me. I back hand him and as I go for another one Michael helps Charles pulls me off. Michael grabs his shirt and takes him to the front door. I don't know what's said but I soon see my dad get thrown out of the door.

I slump down on the ground and pull my knees to my chest. I don't care who's around as I cry uncontrollably. I feel myself get pulled into Charles' lap. As Bri joins us on the floor and Michael stands and watches it all silently. Nobody says anything. I look up to see that everyone, including Michael has a couple tears in their eyes.

"I'm so sorry," Bri speaks and o continue sobbing unashamedly into my fiancé's chest.