50.

As I button my blazer I hear the bathroom door open. I turn to look at Hadley step out in a blue form fitting dress with a black cardigan.

"You look beautiful," I smile weakly at her.

She smiles to me before picking Eli off the bed.

"I love you my sweet baby," she whispers and I stand behind her with my arm draped around her waist.

"He's going to be okay with Michael," I speak to reassure her. She nods as Michael steps into the room and she hands him over. Eli giggles as Michael tickles his little belly. Hadley smiles as she wraps her arm around my back. Michael and Eli step out of the room.

"Ready?" I ask as I kiss her temple.

"No," she answers with a sigh.

"This is the last one," I speak as we head down the stairs. We go out to the Bentley in the garage and head to the courthouse.

She lets out another sigh as we step from the car and get rushed by photographers. I pull her closer to me as we steadily make our way up the stairs and into the building.

Four hours later

As we make our way out to the car and sit down she rubs her temples.

"I can't believe you acting as your own lawyer worked," she leans her head back on the seat.

"I guess I'm good," I joke sadly as I drive us back home.

"It's been four months," she whispers as she combs her fingers through my hair, "I love you."

I take her hand in mine and kiss the back of hers, "I love you."

She smiles a real smile for the first time in five months and I can't help the flood of relief going through my body.

We finally pull into the driveway and she steps out. As I lock the car I see Michael handing Eli to the mama bear.

"He's been great," Michael whispers as Hadley takes Eli to the nursery.

"How'd it go?" He asks as I meet him in the living room.

"It was found as justified self defense," I sigh.

"How's mama?" He asks as he looks towards the stairs.

"As good as can be expected," I look down at the ground, "thank you for helping so much with all of this."

"Yeah don't worry about it," He smiles and nods.

"No really," I put my hand on his shoulder, "I don't think we could've done this without you. Actually I know we couldn't have."

He smiles and pats my hand, "I'm gonna head to bed. It's getting late and Booger tired me out big time."

I smile and nod my head, "yeah he tends to do that."

Michael smiles at me once more before making his way down the side hall. I make my way up the stairs and pass the nursery. I hear the white noise machine and see my sleeping baby boy through the crack in the door. I push my bedroom door open and see Hadley sitting on the edge of the bed in a robe.

"What's up?" I ask as I click the door closed. She doesn't speak, her body just senselessly moves up as her robe falls to the ground. Her bare body now exposed to me.

"Hadley?" I ask as I make my way to her slowly.

"I just need to feel something," she whispers as her lips find their way to my neck.

"Feel what?" I ask through a breath.

"You," she pulls my lips down to hers.

I move my arms back as she slides my jacket off slowly.

"A lot happened today," she whispers as she unbuttons my shirt slowly.

"I know," I respond quietly as I slide my shirt off. She kisses my bare chest slowly as she makes her way down my body.

"I swear," I whisper, "I thought he was."

"I know," she answers quickly.

She pushes me to sit on the edge of the bed. Her small form naked straddling me.

"I thought he was dead too."