13.

Charles'  POV-

I run my hands through my hair as I sit at the bar of the apartment. He's been gone for the past 3 days and it's still hitting Hadley hard.

"Hey baby," I hear her small voice squeak behind me. I turn and see her standing  against the wall.

"Hey Hadley," I smile to her and stand up, she then takes the opportunity to walk into my arms and hug me tightly.

"How ya feeling?" I ask, knowing the answer already.

"I've seen better days," she answers and smiles up at me.

"What do you wanna do today?" I ask, hoping to do something to help distract her.

"Can we just hang around the house?" She asks quietly, I nod as my response knowing I shouldn't push her into anything ... not now.  

She lets out a small hum and pulls slowly out of my embrace. A knock on the door removes us from our thoughts and I make my way to the door. 

"Hello?" I look at the sharp dressed man in front of me, a folded piece of paper in his hand. 

"Charles?" He asks softly yet curtly.

"That's me," I answer as Hadley joins me in the doorway. 

"Oh... that explains a lot," the man whispers to himself. 

"What's up?" She asks eyeballing me and the man. I shrug in response.

"An official noise complaint was filed after the couple underneath you heard what they described as 'unholy acts' coming from your room." The man's face flushed and turned a deep red as he explained.

"Oh my God," Hadley responded and had to muffle an embarrassed laugh with her hand. The man handed me the paper and quickly shuffled back down the hall. 

I turned to Hadley who was standing in the middle of the room, laughing quietly to herself and looking at me. I smile, seeing her in her funny mood makes me happy. Her smile and laugh both so genuine. 

"Unholy acts?" She asks and bursts into laughter.

"I told you that you're loud!" I whisper yell to her. 

"I am not!" She whispers back.

"Oh really? Than who is? I know I'm not the one screaming!" 

She laughs harder and makes her way to me, "maybe we should blare some Christian music the next time we're in bed." She smiles and lets a small laugh out again.

"Oh hell no, then I'd feel bad for fucking to the beat of 'God is on the move'," I let out a laugh and pull my shirt off. She just stares at me, her eyes locking me in place.

"What are you doing?" She smiles and her eyes travel down my body.

"We never got to finish what we started in the office that day," I answer more hungrily than I expected to.

"Oh," she smiles and trails her fingers gently down my abdomen, "but I'm not sure how we left off that day."

"Oh I can help with that," I answer and she pulls her shirt off, revealing to me that she wasn't wearing a bra. I smile to myself. 

"Where do you want me?" she asks huskily as I step to her slowly, admiring every inch of her exposed body. 

"Everywhere," I sigh before pressing my lips to hers. This is the first bit of sexual contact we've had in 3 days. That's too long for us. Her lips melt into mine and she presses her body flush against mine as she parts her lips for my tongue.