Cross the Street

It's a hot summer day in downtown LA. The streets are bustling with people, all with different missions. Sophie Anderson lives right in the middle of it all with her best friend Mackenzie Daniels.

Sophie has lived in LA for her entire life. She was born and raised in her parent's apartment, just Sophie and her parents. They passed away in a car accident when Sophie was 14; she has been living on her own with Mackenzie for 2 years now.

When her parents passed away, it was a rough time for Sophie. Music was the only thing that helped her. Sophie's mom bought her a guitar when she was 8, and has been playing it ever since. To help cope with her pain, Sophie would write songs, lots of them.  She kept them in her special notebook. The only other person who knows about the notebook is Mackenzie, but it is to remain top secret.

In addition to writing music, Sophie listens to a lot of it as well. One of her favorite bands is Why Don't We. Her favorite song is "Something Different". She doesn't have a favorite member, but that is subject to change.

Sophie's POV

I open my eyes to see the bright LA sunlight in my eyes. I love it here. I sit up in bed and look around my room. My gray walls have the same pictures on it, with the same furniture. My clothes are still neatly folded, but my writing desk is a mess from my late night song writing. I fumble around my sheets for my phone and check the time. 7:30 AM.

SHIT I slept through my alarm. I have to get to work! I jump out of bed and rush to my shower. I quickly wash my hair and body. I shut the water off and dry myself off. Next I go to my closet and pull out my clothes. I am a waitress at Steam Café. I dry my hair, put on my clothes, and do my hair. I don't wear makeup because A. I cannot put it on to save my life and B. I don't like it.

Once I fix my signature ponytail, I throw on my sneakers and run out of my room. Kenzie is still probably sleeping, but she also doesn't have to get up until 10. I am jealous to say the least.

I grab my keys and wallet and run out of the door. I live on the 3rd floor of my apartment building, so I just take the stairs to the bottom floor. Steam Café is two blocks from here, so I just run to work. I check my phone and it is 7:52. I have to be at work by 8. So I run out of the building and down the block. I go to cross the street when suddenly, everything goes black.

Word Count: 514

Hello! This is my second story ever.  I hope you enjoy it. If you like it please vote💕 thank you so much for reading this! -b