Heart-break!

Chapter11

Evelyn

"Hey Evelyn " someone called from behind. I turned to see Harry running towards me. He stopped in front of me and gave a huge bear hug. My eyes widened, students stopped and were staring at us. I pulled away immediately and gave a small smile to him.

"Can you have lunch with our group?" he asked.

"Ah... No. I'll go with Duke" I replied.

"Ok.. See you around. Bye" he said and ran off.

I took my books and shoved in my bag, just the the last bell rang and I rushed to my class.

After class I was walking towards cafeteria but i stopped seeing a group of people talking standing at notice board. I waited for awhile and walked near the board, I saw a poster about blood camp. It's organizing by our school and they're inviting some well known guests in town. And at last it showed in red letter that all the students have to attend it, it counts the attendance.I sighed and went to cafeteria to see Duke's already waiting at our usual table. I passed by  Blake's table who were in deep discussion. I saw him and scanned the table to see Harry smiling at me. I smiled back and went to my table. Duke already got my food and started eating and our friends no where to be seen.

"Why are you late?" he asked.

"Where are others?" I asked settling on the chair.

"I don't know" he shrugged and went back to eating.

"Have you heard about the camp?"

"Which camp?" he asked excitingly.

"Blood donation camp"

"I'm not coming" he stated simply.

"you have attendance shortage. You'll be detained if you won't show up" I said shrugging.

"Shit!I have to change my plans now" he cursed under his breath. I smirked at him and finished my lunch soon.

........................

In the evening of event. I went to auditorium and saw it was filled, Duke and I shared a look in disbelief and so my friends. We then spotted some empty seats and went there, Duke went inside the row following james,Julia and Catherine while I sat at the edge beside duke, I saw an empty seat beside me to my left. After five minutes, from the corner of my eye I saw someone standing beside me. I lifted my head and saw Blake's staring right down at me. His stare felt like as if he can see through my soul, my mouth dropped and my eyes widened seeing him.

"Can I sit here?" he asked raising a brow at me.

I blinked at him doubting is he for real or not.

"Shut your mouth if you don't want flies to enter" Duke whispered in my right ear. I shut it immediately and nodded my head saying "Yes" 

He sat down and grabbed his mobile from pockets. I saw him logging into Facebook, after awhile he's smiling seeing something in his mobile. I thought to see at what he's smiling and tilted my head a little to see. But it's not visible I bent down further to see. But before I can see what's it.

"What are you doing?" he asked locking his mobile. I then saw that my head is literally on his shoulder. I face palmed mentally and pulled away. I glanced at him, he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Sorry" I said and turned my face from him. Duke's smiling at me knowing what has I done. I glared at him and soon the event started. After an hour of the event, the camp started. I decided to donate my blood and registered my name. I took the token followed by Duke, James told that he doesn't want to give blood and they left us immediately. The organizers said to wait outside, I glanced around and saw many of basketball players were donating blood, even I saw Harry donating. But I haven't seen Blake till now after the event. I wondered where he could be. They called my number and I went inside the mobile clinic. After donating I came outside and waited for Duke. Still I hadn't seen Blake. I shrugged and we went to parking lot.

It's already 6.30pm and the lights were so bright at parking lot. We walked towards Duke's car. I saw two people making out leaning on one of the trees. I fake gagged watching them,  But I stopped in my tracks as I neared them. Now I can see who those two were. It's Blake and a girl called Stella from our school, she's famous among boys and her minions will follow her wherever she goes. My eyes watered seeing them kissing. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Duke giving me a sad smile. I rushed to his car and started crying, Duke entered on driver seat. We buckled up and soon we left school.

"Hey don't cry Eve. He's a player, I know it  already,that's why I warned you many times to not have feelings towards him. It's better you forget him. Okay? Don't care about him or don't even glance at him from now"  Duke said grabbing my hand and giving a squeeze.

"I heard stella and him are in relationship. You may get hurt one day, so please don't hurt yourself " I nodded and turned my attention to window.

I cried a lot at night, so this is how it felts like heart break!

At midnight My body was in sweat, mom checked and told me that I caught flu. The next two days I skipped school and took rest at home.

........................................

I felt bored sitting at home. I thought to go out but my mom warned me and I cannot leave without her permission. I studied for two hours and then watched tv and played video games. Luckily mom came early today and checked on me once again, she said temperature went down and that I can go to school.

I entered my room after having dinner with my mom. I picked up my mobile as it was ringing.

"Hey, Duke"

"How are you feeling now?"

"Good"

"Okay. Call Harry immediately, we got into fight because of you today at cafeteria"

"What?" I asked in disbelief

"Yes, he asked about you. I told him that I don't know but he came poking me asking about you and then I threw a punch at him for irritating me"

I chuckled and said "Okay okay" I hung up and called Harry.

"Hey pretty, what happened to you? You haven't attended school?" his voice held concern.

"Oh, I got flu. I'm okay now I'll come to school from Monday" I explained.

"Can I see you tomorrow?" he asked. I thought for awhile and said "Yes"

"Okay. I'll come to your home" he said hanging up.

________________________

Vote | comment

Thank you