Boring Day!

Chapter36

Evelyn

"Evelyn, are you sure?" Duke asked while keeping his eyes on road.

"What about?" I asked unsure of what he's talking about

"Why it seems to me that you're hiding something from us?" my eyes went wide in alarm and I quickly let a humorless chuckle to which he gave me a pointed look.

"Why do you think like that Duke?" I asked blinking at him.

"You're not coming with me to school daily and not hanging out with us usually and also you're leaving without saying a word. What the hell is going on?"

"You know I'm coming with Catherine and...... "

" Don't lie Eve. I knew that you're not coming with cathy because I asked her the other day she said no. So don't even think about lying to me again!" he yelled at me. 

I know it's been two weeks since I got into this deal with Blake. He's so sweet, taking me to school and also we're going out frequently with my mom's permission and I felt bad for hiding this from my friends.. Duke will go crazy if he knows about it.

"Are you listening to me?" Duke asked glancing at me sideways.

"Umm. Yea... There's nothing Duke. I'll tell you if I got any problem right?"

"Okay... If I get to know something fishy again I'll not let you alone in campus!"

"Okay" I nodded.

Seems like I've to stop hanging out with Blake for a few days.

We reached school and walked to our lockers, I met my girls cathy and julia. Duke met James and said something to which his face went hard and clenched his jaw, they turned around and caught me staring at them. I hlanced away and walked to class with C and J.

Definitely Duke told James something about me!

I sat in my usual seat and turned around, I saw Blake talking with Nate and Harry. He saw me and gave a smile, I forced a smile which he didn't buy before my friends can caught us I turned to front. My friends came and sat behind me, James and Duke behind while C and J beside me both sides.

Won't they leave me alone?

I let out a sigh and saw Mr Marcus coming into classroom. I took my books out and drew doodles on it while trying to listen to class.

After the class Duke and others left quickly and I purposely stood back to avoid them while slowly packing my bag. Someone poked on my left cheek and I lifted my head and saw Blake standing in front of me with worry itched on his face.

"What happened to you today?" he whispered placing his arms on my shoulder trapping me. I glanced around and saw there's no one in class except us. I smiled weakly at him and pinched his right cheek.

"Nothing. Come let's go otherwise we'll late for class"

"I'm having elective and also I wanted you to sit with us at lunch today" he stated.

"No Blake.. I can't" I replied remembering my conversation with Duke today morning.

"I won't take no for answer, you'll be there at our table. Bye. See you at lunch" he said walking to his next class. I went to my biology and saw Rick there....

Ughh... Why don't this day end yet!?

I'm with Rick in this class project. It's good between us a few days ago but not now because he's giving me a cold shoulder and I doubt how'd this project ends up.