Meeting Them!

Chapter13

Evelyn

Walking inside my home I threw my bag on couch and sat beside it. It's a tiring day really, seeing Blake in each and every class. I thought to forget about my situation and my feelings towards him but how can I seriously when he's right in front of my eyes.Duke tried a lot to divert my attention but he didn't succeed. I waited to end this day early so that I can come home and shut down myself in my room. Sighing I walked to Fridge and grabbed a carton of orange juice, poured in a glass. I finished it and went upstairs to my room.

My mom is not here yet, so I decided to cook dinner to let my mind relax. I showered and entered kitchen, I cooked some vegetables and steak,its already past 7 I thought my mom would be on her way. Just then I heard doorbell, running towards door I opened it and saw my mom smiling cheerily at me. I smiled and kissed her cheek. She showered and came to dine table where I'm already waiting for her.

"It smells good. What you prepared baby?" she asked taking a seat across me. We ate in silence only the sounds of fork can be heard. I think I zoned out because my mom shook my hand and was staring at me with concern written all over her face. I smiled at her "Nothing mom. I'm just tired, i think I've to go to bed!" I said standing up and walking to garbage can I dumped my leftovers, throwing my plate near sink I ran upstairs and closed the door hardly. I watched two movies and then finally drifted to sleep.

...................

I groaned when I heard my mobile ringtone, I reached it and answered without glancing at screen "Hello!"

"Hey there, sleepy head. Get up, goooood morning... " I heard harry singing.

"What do you want?" I asked using harsh tone.

"You remember right, today we're going somewhere. Don't skip school, see you. Bye" he hung up.

I saw that its already 7 and I made my way to bathroom and took a quick shower. I dressed up in jeans with some random top. Grabbing my bag I went downstairs and saw mom and Duke were in serious discussion. They stopped abruptly when I reached them, I gave a questioning brow to duke but he ignored me. I ate breakfast and walked first leaving duke, but then my mom came out for first time again talking with him.

What's up with these two?

Duke came to me, waving to my mother I hoped inside the car and we drove to school.

"What you guys were talking earlier?" I asked turning to him.

"Nothing!" he replied without even glancing at me.

"Come on. I saw you guys stopped talking when I entered kitchen"

"I told, it's nothing about you!" I huffed loudly and turned my face to Window.

We reached school and made our ways to lockers. I took my books and went to the first class its actually maths, I groaned and went to class silently. I greeted my friends and took my seat, I ignored everything around me and waited for the bell to ring so that the teacher will come and start the class.

At lunch I was eating silently when my annoying friends talked about parties. I'm so not interested in them!

"Come with me" someone said grabbing my wrist. I lifted my head and saw Harry smiling at me, Duke gave him a confused look like me.

"To where?" I asked but he dragged me holding my wrist in one hand and my lunch tray in another. Duke stood up to punch him but I gave a warning look, he got mad but didn't do anything. Harry dragged me towards their table,my eyes went wide and I whipped my face and saw my friends giving me 'what the hell look'

What's going on here?

My heartbeat increased at the sight of Blake in front of me eating his food. We stopped there and he placed my tray on table, I started fidgeting my fingers nervously. I hadn't lifted my head, Harry placed his arm on my shoulder making me tilt my face to see him standing beside me with a megawatt smile on his face.

"Guys, this is our new friend! Evelyn" he announced getting all of their attention. I heard gasps from them, I stared at each one of them. Blake stared at us and narrowed his eyes at me.

"She's going to join for lunch today with us!" he said making me sit down beside Blake who went still when my hand brushed his. I withdraw my hand and kept it on table.

"Hi, Evelyn. I'm Nate and this is my girlfriend, Flora" he said pointing to a girl whom I saw with boys the first day at canteen. She smiled and shook my hand. Noah greeted next and followed by other members I kept a smile on my face throughout greetings because it would be rude. I think all of them greeted me except for someone whom you all knew already. He kept silent throughout the time, I don't know whether to greet him or to ignore him. But I chose the later one and we started eating in silence.

"Blake, don't you greet her?" Flora asked across us. I turned to see his reaction, he clenched his fist and glared at Flora who's smiling at him.

"Come on Blake, greet her. She's Harry's girlfriend!" she said making me to look at her in horror. I decided to open my mouth but Harry cut me off "Oh no. She's not, we're just friends. Right Eve?" he asked smiling mischievously at me. I nodded and turned to face all of them, they're staring at Harry and Blake. I wonder why? I shrugged and went to finish my food.

"Nate, you've to invite her!" Harry said suddenly. I frowned at him, not knowing what's he talking about.

"Yeah. Evelyn I'm hosting a party tonight so You've to come" he said smiling and glancing at Flora "We're inviting you!" flora said. I gave them a confused look "It's been a year since they're in relation, so we're celebrating!" Harry whispered in my ear.

"Oh. Sure!" I said giving my warm smile. I felt relieved because they dropped Blake's topic of greeting me.

Wait.. Wait! Why can't I see his b***h girlfriend here? She'll always stick to his side right?

The lunch went with not so awkward situation, I soon went to my class bidding them byes. My friends followed me out from cafeteria, they rounded me up at my locker.

"What was that?"Julia asked smirking at me.

"Nothing, he just introduced me as his friend, we ate and Nate invited me to his party. That's it!" I breathed out.

"You're not going Eve" Duke stated.

"Why can't she?" Catherine asked.

"Have you guys lost your mind, he'll be there too at party!"Duke referred to Blake.

"I can manage. Don't worry guys!" I said with a smile and went to class followed by them.

_________________

Please vote | comment

Thank you!