Liking a Player!

Chapter5

Evelyn

I gasped in shock once Blake marquis entered our class. I stared at him no no whole class including teacher stared at him wide eyed. Girls especially drooling at him . I rolled my eyes and saw teacher adjusting her glasses "So nice to see you boys again! Come in"  she said nodding at them. Duke beside me fumed with anger and broke the pencil which he's holding.

What's the matter with him really?

I saw Blake walking in his glory wearing a black shirt with dark jeans and I caught a glimpse of his tattoos on his arms.

I don't know he's in same class as me!

I saw the two boys and the same girl from their group following him into the class, they went to last row and slumped on chairs. The class resumed, I gave cathy a look to which she just shrugged. I moved my eyes on to the white board ahead and continued to write down my notes.

....................

I thought to go to library at leisure hour, cathy and julia went somewhere and so the boys. I took steps down on stairs and made my way to library, I saw Blake walking towards parking with his bag sliding on his shoulder. I ran towards him and stopped at a certain distance.

"Excuse me!"

He turned around and I saw his eyes slightly widened. I thought he recognized me and I gave him a smile to which he narrowed his eyes.

"What is it?" I frowned at him.

"Don't you remember me?" I asked standing in front of him. He shook his head.

What! He don't remember me? 

I composed myself and started speaking "You saved me a month before from dying here at School..."  he nodded me to continue.

"I didn't get time to thank you on the other day. So Thank you for helping me!" I said blowing my hair which is falling on my face.He stared at me for awhile and muttering a welcome he turned on heels and walked away.

What's with this guy? I just thanked him and he left without saying anything!

Whatever Eve. He helped you and you thanked him. That's it! Over!

I went to library without thinking much about him.

"I talked with my savior today!" I announced to my friends at lunch time.

"Well, who's he Eve?" Duke asked glancing at me. I smiled and pointed to Blake who's eating lunch at his table with his friends. My friends followed my gaze and in instant Duke banged the table, I gasped and saw him glaring at the group of boys. I stared at him. In confusion.

"Really? He's the one who saved you on that day?" Julia asked placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Yes. Blake saved me on that day!" Julia, cathy gasped placing their palms to mouths while James whispering something to Duke and holding him right at his place.

"What happened guys?" I asked them.

"Don't talk to him from now onwards Evelyn" James said venomous in his words.

"Why?"

"Eve.. He's a player. Those people will always get into fights, don't go near them. We're warning you" Julia said.

"Why didn't you tell me that he's with them?"I asked Catherine who's now trying to avoid our gaze.

"I just told her because he's popular in our school right? And also he's from our class, what's wrong in telling her about him?" Catherine glared at them.

"What about him?"I asked gripping her arm.

"Evelyn, just stay away from him! Okay" Duke gritted at me. I nodded and julia, cathy and me decided to leave.

I heard Duke saying to james"Why did he saved her? He doesn't know Evelyn right? Or is he planning to play with her like he's doing with other girls?" 

I sighed and followed girls to class. Reaching home I took a shower and dined with my mother and went to my room. I lied on my bed and stared at ceiling and thought about him!

From that day, I heard a lot about him.

He's a player, he slept almost with all girls here, he tops in class always, he's a bad boy and blah blah blah.....

I don't know why but I wanted to know more about this guy.I can't ask my friends, I planned to ask Duke but he refused to tell me about anything which involves Blake Marquis.

But I haven't seen him as 'bad boy' type, he comes to school attends classes spends time with his friends and then he'll go home at evening .

I didn't see him involving in fightings or whatever my friends told me I saw him at hall, parking lot, playing matches with his friends that's it.

I don't think he's a bad boy! He has looks, he studies well, he's rich that's why girls drool over him. He never fails to get their attention at classroom or cafeteria.

You like him too right?

No no! I don't like him!

Yes! You like him!

May be I'm attracted to him but I don't like him! 

Indeed!

Shut up heart!

And then I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

...............................

After a few days

I took Julia and cathy with me upstairs to my room. We spent time at my house like as usual every weekend, We watched movie and ate together.

"I want to tell you both something"

"What is it Eve?"

"The matter is.. I... I" I stuttered.

"Come on girl say it!" Julia shook my shoulder.

"I like Blake!"

Their faces morphed into horror and stared at me with wide eyes.

"Are you out of your mind Eve? He's a player, he slept with so many girls, he broke their hearts!"

"I know already. I'm just saying that I like him that's it"

"Have you told Duke yet?" Julia asked beside me.

"Not yet!I'm planning to tell him tomorrow"

"No need!" I heard Catherine voice which is almost a whisper. I turned around and saw Duke fuming in anger standing there at door frame.

He looks like he's ready to kill someone!

_______________

vote | comment

Guys please share/suggest the story to your friends if you like it!

Thank you!