Shooting Star- A Wish!

Chapter29

Evelyn

"Hey, get ready in 15 mins. We're going to club"  duke said stopping at my home.

"I'm not interested " I said and opened my door getting down.

"Come on eve. I don't take a no for answer"  I nodded and went inside.

I reached my room and taking a shower I wore a black pretty cocktail dress and matching studs, I applied mascara and red lipstick to my lips. I put my heels on and went downstairs. Texting my mom I locked my home and walked out to see Duke already waiting for me.

We reached the club in 15 mins. I smelled sweat and liquor as soon I stepped inside. I cringed and followed Duke further inside, We sat at bar and he ordered drinks. I drank some without any alcohol , Duke asked me to come dance. But I refused and sat there, watching him dancing with a random girl.

He'll be bashed if Lina saw him with that red haired girl.

My thoughts went to the same person who almost haven't attended the school for a week after saving me on that day at woods.

I woke up as sunlight hit me on face, I rubbed my eyes and tried to get up that's when I realized that Blake's with me. He leaned his head back on bark of the tree, I moved away and saw his shirt covered with dried leaves and dust. I then ran my eyes throughout his body, I saw our hands were intertwined which brought a smile on my face.I dusted out my top and saw  His clothes were almost covered with dirt, I slightly poked his cheek with my finger and then I done it twice to which he groaned.

"Patrick.. Please let me sleep for ten minutes"

I giggled and then after a minute he opened his eyes and stared at me wide eyed.

"Had a good sleep?" I asked with a smile playing on my lips.

He cleared his throat and nodded at me, then his eyes spotted out intertwined hands and then he released mine. He stood up and brought his right hand for me to grab it. I took it and he helped me to stand up. I dusted out my jeans and he did the same,but he didn't cared about his shirt.

I chuckled and inching closer to him which made him to stop what he's doing. I stared into his eyes, he did the same. I reached for leaves and twigs on his shirt flicking them out.. I then saw a dried leaf on his shoulder which I can't reach with my height so I tiptoed and reaching it and flicking it aside.

I then finally ran my fingers twice through his jet black hair and then moved away from him still staring. I glanced at sun to guess its already past 8 in the morning and we've to leave today. I turned to him to see he's still staring at me so I cleared my throat to get his attention.

"We should leave quick" he stated and after walking for miles we reached the village.

Duke attacked me with hug and asked me if  I was okay. Then my friends started asking me what happened and a lot of questions... I explained everything and then Mr Marcus told us to get ready so that we can leave to city. Talking with my friends I forgot to thank my knight who stayed with me the whole night in dark. I decided to thank him at school and then on from monday I didn't see him at school or at basketball court.

I wonder where the hell did this guy disappeared actually?

I felt the need to pee and walked towards restrooms.

I found it and did my business. I came out and was about to go back when a few men stopped me by surrounding me.

"Excuse me?" they didn't move an inch. I tried to shove them away but they restrained my hands. I tried to scream but they shut my mouth making my screams come out in muffled voice. Tears started to spill down my cheeks and my vision blurred making difficult to see.And in next minute, hand on my mouth has been yanked away and I heard some punches thrown at someone. Then one by one bodies dropped down and were screamed in pain. At last my hands set free I wiped my tears and was now able to see.

I eyed up my knight in shining armor who stood in his glory. I gasped as I saw Blake standing there with red eyes and was panting hard with sweat, his knuckles stained with blood.I stood there staring at him as I had no energy to run away. He took my hand and dragged me from there to near the dance floor and then he grabbed a beer bottle and crashed it to ground this brought attention from everyone and the music stopped. People on the dance floor stopped moving and were staring at us. Duke came running towards us as he saw me there crying.

"What happened?" he asked looking at us standing in front of us.

Blake left my side and hauled on duke, giving him a hard blow at jaw "Bastard" He fell to ground. I gaped at him widening my eyes. Duke rubbed his jaw and stood up gazing at Blake.

"Why did you leave her alone!?" he roared making me to flinch at his voice. He grabbed my arm and shoved me against Duke who caught me before I'd fall. He glared at Duke and his gaze moved to me. His eyes softened as soon they met with mine, staring a minute He turned around leaving the club.

"Are you okay?" I asked him. He nodded at me "What about you?"  he asked. I nodded and I poked his jaw he flinched immediately, I dragged him to the bar and made him sit on a stool. Asking the bartender an ice pack I ordered Duke to not remove it from his jaw until I came back and ran out in search of Blake.

I came out and saw no one there except for the bodyguards who stood in front of the entrance. I walked out and whipped my head to right and left to spot him. After sometime I spotted a figure walking to my left, I stalked towards the figure praying god that he should be Blake.

"Stop!" he turned around and raised a brow at me.

"Can we sit somewhere. I've to talk with you" he nodded and we walked for awhile to a nearby small park and spotted a bench. We sat on it and stared into distance, after a while.

"Thank you for saving me. I owe you alot!"

"Today again you proved that you'll go in search of trouble and expects someone to save you" he stated without glancing at me.

"I'm not excited to go and find the trouble. What can I do if it comes stalking me anywhere.... " he chuckled.

" You're really my knight except for the shining armor... You helped me many times from the beginning Blake!"

"No need to thank me Evelyn. I just happened to be there near you when you fell in trouble. That's it!" he shrugged looking at me in eye for the first time we came here.

I breathed in the fresh air and we sat there for a while not planning to initiate the talking. After sometime I spotted a shooting star on sky.... I muttered a wow getting attention from Blake.

"Hey.. Make a wish. It'll be fulfilled for sure" I yelled in excitement and bringing my palms together I closed my eyes making a wish. I then opened and saw Blake doing the same.

"What did you wish?" he asked opening his eyes.

I nodded slightly saying him to come closer, he came and I whispered in his ear "It's a secret!" 

He gave me a pointing look and pulled away. I chuckled and asked him "What about you? What's your wish?" 

He leaned towards my ear and I thought he'd tell me but he whispered "Secret!"  I scoffed at him. He gave a smile and turned to glance at sky,I did the same.

After a few minutes he spoke "Do you really want to know?"  I turned to face him and he's already staring at me. I nodded my head eagerly to know about his wish..

He brought out his right palm in front of me and nodded at it. I let out a sigh and reluctantly placed my hand on his hand. He intertwined our fingers and stared at me intensely almost making me to move my gaze away from him.The cool wind made my hair to hid my face from vision,he brought his other hand and tugged my hair behind ear..making me to shudder with his slightest touch. I sat there waiting for him to know about his wish, The next words he spoke made butterflies to erupt from my stomach.

"I heard from Harry that you gave up on your feelings for me so I wished you'd like me again!"

_________________

So how's the chapter? Guess whT will happen next?

vote | comment

Thank you!