Chapter 8

Brians POV

The drive back home was long, I was furious, how could I be so stupid, how was I going to get myself out of this one. Ive just lost my wife and I needed her a hell of a lot more than Melissa. 

After 4 hours, I arrived home. I drove up the drive way, parked my car in the garage and walked inside. I went straight into the kitchen and grabbed the nearest bottle. I sat down on the cold leather sofa and started to take large gulps and felt it burn going down my throat. 

I drank, and drank and drank until I felt numb, until I couldn't think about her anymore. My phone started to ring, I stumbled up off the sofa, and reached for it off the coffee table. 

"What Melissa haven't you done enough"

"I..I wanted to make sure you are ok are you home yet?"

"Yes I am stop worrying I will see you tomorrow to talk about this whole situation" 

I hung up and walked back into the living room turning off all the lights, and walking up stairs into the room that was once ours. I could still smell her sweet perfume, her night dress still hanging on the chair, her pink fluffy slippers beside the bed.

Regret kicked in, I walked backwards out of the room, closed the door and fell to my knees realising exactly what I had done.

I needed to tell her I love her, that she means everything to me. I took out my phone and began typing.