Prologue♡

"C'mon babe, it's not that bad" I coaxed, trying to get my boyfriend, Dallas, to dance with me.

"Laura, I'm not a dancer" he complained but I completely ignored his remarks and took his hand to drag him to the dance floor. "You are one annoying broad" he chuckled, following me close behind.
"Yeah but you love me anyway" I smiled. He chuckled and rolled his eyes playfully.

"Alright alright, what do I do?" he asked as soon as we made it to the dance floor.

"Just follow my lead" I said just as a new song came on... a slow song. I grabbed his hands and moved them to my waist and then wrapped my arms around his neck. We swayed back and forth to the rhythm of the music.

"This is it? Really? We do this all the time anyway. Where's the action?" he complained.

"Really Dal? It's a party, you need to have fun... or at least try" I giggled.

"Well I guess this is kind of nice" he chuckled and picked me up by my waist. I smiled and leaned down to kiss him but as I did so, I felt us start moving.

"But it's still boring" he finished and carried me back to the bar.

"Aw, you're no fun" I whined and fake pouted. But he smiled at me and I couldn't take it. I looked at my feet and smiled. I can never be serious with him.

"I win" he chucked as he grabbed my waist and pulled me close to him. He leaned in but I turned my head and laughed.

"I win" I smiled, looking back at him.

"Okay, okay. You want to play that game?" he joked. "Just know that I can play a whole lot better than you" he continued.

"Oh really? Is that a challenge" I questioned, pulling the collar of his jacket down to me so that I was eye to eye with him.

"Bring it on" he mumbled into my ear, sending chills down my spine.

Just then, the front door door flew open and a big gang flooded in. "EVERYONE FREEZE!" I heard one yell. "Nobody move or I'm shooting someone" he threatened.

He had dark brown, almost black curly hair and deep hazel eyes. I recognized him somehow. He was being hauled in by the police about a month ago for murder but different news reports said that he broke out of jail. He eagerly searched around the room as of looking for someone. "Winston" he growled as his eyes fell onto Dallas.

"Okay so what the hell is going on here" a girl asked, stepping towards the man I figured was gang's leader. The second her foot got even an inch closer to him, a bullet flew through her left leg. She screeched in pain and collapsed to the floor.

"I meant what I said. Next time, it won't be a leg" he snarled, holding the same look of hatred he had when he was hauled in. He then turned his gaze back to Dally who's facial expression hardened as he tried to look cool and not scarred.
I grabbed his hand. "Babe? D'you k-know him" I asked. My boyfriend gulped and nodded, not looking away from the guy.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the great Dallas Winston" the man chuckled, pushing past anyone that wasn't Dally.
"Nice to see you Jay. S'been a while" Dally replied.

"Yeah yeah but I still never forgot about what you did, Winston. And you're going to be dead for it."

"Dal? What's he talkin' about?" I asked, squeezing his hand. He stifled his breath a bit and looked down at me with great worry.

"Ah, I see. You finally got the balls to ask her out. She's pretty hot Dal. Nice going" Jay stated and tried to grab my chin but of course, I jerked away from his touch. "Mmm, and feisty. Not bad, I like it" he nodded. "But ya know what?"

Dallas tensed up and squeezed my hand so hard it began to go numb.

"She could be the perfect punishment" Jay finished and just like that, it all changed.