"The Death of Me"♡

I knew it was useless. "You know, if you'd actually leave us to do what we want, you wouldn't be in this mess" one of the boys chuckled. "but no, you just had to be the hero,  right? Well this story might nit have a happy ending."

"Go to hell" I managed to choke out through gritted teeth.

"How 'bout you go to hell greaser? Oh wait, seems like you're about to make it there" a different voice threatened. Suddenly, the hand on my throat got tighter and I struggled for air. I tried to fight it off my my eyes rolled back and my eyelids drooped shut. It was dark and quiet for a moment or two but after that, I could somewhat pull apart my eyelids and hear again.

I heard grunts and loud thuds. The sound of feet pattering on the concrete were also present. "I'm sorry okay. I'm sorry. We'll leave her alone, just" a voice panicked. "Just please let us go" the voice begged.

I heard the sound of skin collide with more skin until I realized someone was getting beat up. I moved my head slightly to the side and saw one of the guys who choked me being thrown right beside me. "Now I'm letting you off with a warning but next time I catch you or any of your little friends even looking at her, you better call and get your tombstone ready" a familiar voice growled.

"Dallas?" I asked, my voice surprisingly hoarse.

A tall guy ran quickly and knelt by my side. "Hey Laura, baby. You okay?" he asked. I didn't answer and tried to open my eyes but my head was killing me. "Hey hold on, hold on. You're gonna be okay. Look, it's me. It's Dallas" he cooed, wrapping me in his arms and squeezing me tightly.

I pulled myself closer to his familiar frame and buried my face into his chest. "I'm sorry Dally. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have gotten mad at you" I cried.

He ran his fingers through my hair and gently started rocking my body back and forth. "Shh, it's okay. It's okay. Look, how about we head to the Curtis' shall we?" he asked. I slowly nodded but didn't lose my grip onto him.

He picked me up and carried me like a baby to his car. After putting me in the front seat, Dallas smiled calmly and walked to the driver's side to get it.

We drove for about 5 minutes before arriving at the Curtis home. "Look doll, we're here" he said, opening my door and picking me up out of the truck.

Once inside, he placed me on the couch and explained to Ponyboy (who was the only one besides us that was there) what had happened. He left out of the room for a moment as Dallas walked to my side. "Dally?" I asked.

He looked up at me. I looked at him with puppy eyes and grabbed his hand, making him sit on the couch where I crawled into his lap and buried my face into his chest. "This all you wanted?" he chuckled. I nodded like a child and pulled myself even closer to him. Dally wrapped his arms around me again and I wanted to be there forever. It was as if all of the other things in the world were cancelled out and it was just me and Dallas.

Briefly after, Ponyboy cane back into the living room with a damp rag, ice cream, and movies. "Figured you two have some catching up to do" he smiled sweetly, placing everything on the coffee table and walking to his room.

It was quiet for a while until Dally started talking. "So why are you being so clingy all of a sudden" he smiled.

I buried my face in the crook of his neck and smiled. "Because I missed you.... like a lot" I giggled.

"Yeah I missed you too but you're never like this. I mean, I'm not complaining but still."

"Why can't we just be together and cuddle all day? Is that too much to ask" I groaned sarcastically.

"Hey, we can do this all day if you want" he chucked, nuzzling his nose to my exposed neck. "But" he paused. "You gotta tell me what's up."

"What are you talking about" I asked, pulling away from his body.

"Why are you here? And why are you being so clingy? And why did you stick around even when I told you not to" Dally asked, his time changing to serious.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Because I love you Dallas. Why else?"

He threw his arms around me again but I jerked away. "Do you not care anymore? Like, are you using me or something?" I snapped, jumping to my feet.

"What? Of course not. I was just-"

"Just wanting someone to kill time? Why didn't you just say so earlier? I would have gone by then."

"Laura you know that's not what I mean. You don't understand the hell I went through after I left. It was just straight depression until you found me. I tried to kill myself Laura! Can't you just stop being so dramatic and listen to what I'm trying to say?" he yelled, trying to force back tears but I was upset. I can completely understand why he was upset too.

"DRAMATIC?! You're the one who left before the doctors can even tell you I wasn't dead! I had to recover on my own! I mean Craig was there but he's not you Dal! I needed you and you weren't there" I yelled through my tears. "You weren't there" I repeated, wiping my eyes.

Right at that moment Ponyboy's room door flew open. "Uh, everything okay out here?" he asked.

"Yes kid, we're fine. Just go back in your room" Dallas spoke more confidently this time, despite the slight embarrassment of Ponyboy hearing our conversation. I knew Dally had a tough rep and didn't like to talk about things like depression or whatever so I didn't say anything. Instead, I wiped my eyes and headed to the door.

"You know, it really is getting late. I should get going" I stated. Just then, Dally grabbed my wrists and spun me to face him. "Let go of me" I jerked.

"Where are you gonna go Laura? You don't have a home here, you don't have anywhere to stay, and you hate driving in the dark. Your paranoia's too bad" Dallas stated.

"I'll manage. Wait, you remember that?"

"Of course I do Laura. Did you think it was a lying when I said that I missed you? I missed every little detail of you, you know that right?" he sighed.

Ponyboy just seemed taken aback by everything. "Okay so I wanna know what's going on here. You two are cuddling and being all lovey dovey one minute, about to rip each other's heads off another, and now we're back to being all cute again" he threw his hands up in frustration and stormed back into his room.

"God that kid is somethin else" Dally sighed. "Look Laura, I really don't want you to go. I can't handle losing you again. I missed you so much and I don't want to leave your side ever again."

I walked closer to him. "Dally" I sighed. "One day you're gonna be the death of me."