"It Broke Me"♡

Dallas
point of view

Bang!

My heart stopped for a moment as I slowly noticed what had just happened. Johnny, his eyes still closed, shook even harder now. The soc with the gun began laughing like a maniac. "Well now I know how to get to your attention. I'm not gonna kill him, yet. Might want to head home Dallas. Your little girlfriend's in for a rude awakening once she gets to New York." At that moment, I snapped. I broke free of the socs pushing me against the tree and lunged at the one holding the gun. Obviously not thinking about my actions, right before I made contact with the soc, I mentally facepalmed myself as the other guys grabbed my shoulders and pulled me away. "You shouldn't have done that" the leader growled. Shortly after, he aimed the gun back at Johnny.

"No, don't" I begged and Johnny spoke up.

"We'll go back and leave y'all alone" he managed to get out through his shakey voice.

"Yeah, you better go back and leave us alone because the next time you don't, the gunshot won't be a bluff" he chuckled as he and his friends got back into the car.

I sighed a breath of relief and massaged the hurt muscle of my shoulder. "Who're they and what do they want?" Johnny asked. "Why did he choose socs" I silently asked myself. "Why didn't Jay just get some hood to come and do his dirty work? How is Laura still in danger from him?" I continued asking, completely ignoring Johnny and walking right passed him. He picked himself up off the ground and dusted his clothes off.

"Dal? What are you talking about?" he questioned.

"Oh sorry Johnny. It's nothing, I'm just... distracted" I replied. He gave me a confused look and I shook my head. "Look man, I'll just have to tell you later. I really don't feel like talking about it." He simply nodded and jammed his fists into his pockets. "OH SHIT! Laura's in danger! We gotta get to the Curtis'... NOW!" I suddenly screamed. Johnny jumped at the sudden loudness but understood and followed close behind me.

Once we made it to the Curtis', the lights on the house we all out except for a lamp in the living room, a small bulb in the kitchen, and a tiny beam coming from under Ponyboy and Sodapop's bedroom; signalling that their light was on. Johnny and I walked inside and we greeted with Ponyboy and Sodapop walking out of their bedroom. "Hey Johnny, Dally" Ponyboy greeted. However, I ignored him and turned my gaze towards angry Sodapop.

"Where the hell have you been Dally? Laura called... multiple times asking for you! SHE WAS CRYING DALLAS! I don't know what the hell is going on but she sounded really scared" Soda yelled. I furrowed my eyebrows and wanted to punch the living daylights out of him for yellingn at me like that but I didn't even think about that at the time. "Well?!"

"Well call her, god dammit" I shouted, which only caused Darry to walk sleepily out of his room.

Ponyboy, Johnny, you two have school tomorrow. Soda, you have work so I suggest you three head to bed" he sighed, pointing around the room. "And Dallas, try to keep it down." I nodded as the three boys slowly headed to their rooms.

I didn't ask Soda what number she called from so I dialed, from my memory, her old house phone number. It rang for a moment or two before going to voicemail. After trying a couple more times, I gave up and decided to try again tomorrow morning. I slumped into the armchair and began to get lost in thought. Maybe I dialed the wrong number. Maybe she was asleep. Maybe she was too scared to answer the phone. Whatever it was, I was too worried to get much sleep that night.

The next morning came and my forgettable dreams were interrupted by a loud gang of guys crashing through the house. I jumped up from my seat and picked up the phone, dialing the number from before. It rang for a while and went to voicemail, saying that she was on another line. I waited about 10 minutes before trying again. It rang and rang and finally, someone answered. "H-Hello" a tear-filled yet sweet voice sounded.

"Laura?" I asked. The Curtis house suddenly fell silent.

"Dallas?" she cried.

"Yeah it's me. What's wrong? What happened? Was it Jay?" I asked. She sniffed for a moment and took a deep breath.

"Dally, I'm about to ask you for a huge favor..."

"Anything. What is it?"

"You need to come to New York...like now" she sniffed again.

"What? Now? Why?"

"It's Jay. He threatening everyone I love and me... Dallas please, he has Craig hostage and will kill him if you don't show up soon. I'm begging you, please" she cried. I could hear the tears well up in her eyes with every word.

"Oh my god" I breathed. I heard a faint noise come from her throat. "I'll be there in a few hours. You at your place?"

"Yes but will you please hurry" she whined.

"Of course. I'll see you later. I lo-... I love you."

"I love you Dallas." With that final sentence, memories flooded in from the night Laura was almost killed. She said those same words with that same tone and it broke me.

"Guys I gotta go. Bye" I yelled and ran through the door.

"Wait Dally! Where you goin'?" Johnny asked.

"New York but I really have to go, see you guys later" I cheered and started my car. This ought to be fun.

                                    <[•]>

Beyond sorry that i haven't updated in forever but something's been up with my data and wifi's been irritating lately. Anyways, thanks so much for reading and leaving tons of feedback Britnyusa , you aren't unnoticed ;)