"...darkness"♡

Dallas
point of view

I walked into the bar with the visible impression I was ready to kill anyone to even look at me stupid. I glanced over at the clock that read 1:08 a.m. "GOD DAMMIT" I yelled and slammed my fists on the counter before storming out with half the bar staring.

I stormed through the town, knowing it was hopeless to think I would find Jay. I hurried down multiple alleys but saw nothing I wanted to. Right when I was about to give up all hope, a scream caught my attention. I looked up at an old apartment complex building and saw the people standing on the roof. "DON'T DO IT CRAIG PLEASE! DON'T!" a feminine voice cried... it was Laura. I hurried into the building and up to the roof. My hands were shaking and I thought my legs would give out on me as the elevator went floor by floor.

Finally, the door opened. The scenery honestly horrified me. I looked around and saw Craig standing at the ledge with one of Jay's guys right behind him with a pistol on Craig's head. I looked to the side to see Laura screaming and crying, being held back by a couple of Jay's guys. Everyone seemed too caught in the moment to notice my appearance so I made my move instantly. I leaped at Craig and the guy, knocking the minion off balance.

Jay noticed me and pulled me back. "Dallas?" Laura sniffed. "LET ME GO! PLEASE!" she cried and started struggling more.

"Stop moving before the both die" Jay threatened, holding me to the edge just like the other guy had Craig. I didn't care if I died but Craig's death would absolutely destroy Laura. I would rather sacrifice myself than have her lose someone else.

Laura's muffled cries and Jay's heavy breathing were the only thing I could focus on. "What do you want Jay? Why did you have to bring her and her family into this? THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HER" I yelled.

"You better watch your tone with me before something awful happens" he warned.

"THIS IS BETWEEN ME AND YOU! NOBODY ELSE SO JUST LET HER AND HER BROTHER GO!" I commanded.

"Well, guess you'll never know what you did to deserve all of this. I certainly hope you lived your life to the fullest" Jay smiled putting his hand on my chest about to push me off.

"Go to hell" I growled.

"Sure. Save me a spot?" he chuckled and pushed me.

"NOOO!" Laura screamed at the top of her lungs. As I was falling, I heard a gunshot which sent shivers down my spine. I didn't know if it was a warning or a sign that something awful actually happened. I didn't know if Jay was about to kill everyone on that rooftop. I didn't even know what was happening.

"I love you Laura" I muttered. In that moment I was falling, everything moved in slow motion. I replayed memories I made with Laura and the gang and my life seemed to just play like a video. Was I really about to die? Who shot the gun? Are Laura and Craig still alive? Before I could think about the answers...darkness.

<[•]>

I really hate ending the story like this but it wasn't as interesting as I wanted it to be and I knew I had to cut the story short. I couldn't think of another ending but you guys can always just reimagine it🙃 anywaysss, i hope you enjoyed this story.
stay gold my loves💛
-erin🖤