"It Isn't Real"♡

"Someone call the 911!" I shouted, as loud and angry as i could without allowing more tears to fall. No one moved which only made me angrier. "Well, what are you waiting for, call the damn ambulance. Get help! Do something. MOVE GOD DAMMIT" I continued by everyone stood there in shock. Some were crying and others weren't surprised about whatever happened. I mean this was New York after all but I never thought something like that would happen to Laura. Of all people it just had to be her.

Eventually, the ambulance showed up and took her away. Police showed too but by that time, everyone at the party had already left to avoid questioning. I made it to a nearby hospital where they kept my girlfriend and anxiously waited for results.

About an hour went by and I still heard nothing so I stood up from the lobby and walked over to the counter. I cleared my throat and managed to get out "L-Laura Pierce. Any news on Laura Pierce?"

The woman behind the counter looked down at her papers and shook her head, giving me a look of disappointment. "I'm sorry dear but she's in critical condition, if not already dead" she stated sadly.

My heart sunk. The one thing that kept me afloat had just left me. I had nothing. I had no one. My breathing began to become more forced and tears filled my eyes yet again and painted my face as it had before. "This can't be happening, it isn't real. Laura is okay, I'm okay. Everything's okay... it has to be" I mumbled to myself.

I began for the door, assuming the worst and left the hospital. If the doctors told me she didn't make it, there's no telling what I'd do. I couldn't take it. I knew Laura was gone the second that bullet traveled through her chest, and then another. I just couldn't believe it, I refused to believe it. I had to get away. Forget all about this drama. Forget about everything.

[•]

Tulsa wasn't a really well-known place so I figured it'd be best to start a new life. I was sort of in a daze the whole trip there but as soon as I got there I immediately saw the hoods. It was as if the town had been cut in two. There were people who dressed like me with leather jackets and denim pants with their long hair greased back and there were people who were the complete opposite with expensive cars and fancy clothing and freshly cut hair.

Not knowing where to go, I walked around for a bit until I saw a tall building with loud music and colorful lights pouring out of the windows. I figured there was a party going on so why not go ahead and join. Drink my feelings away until I die from alcohol poisoning. I had nothing to live for anyways.

I walked into the building and boy was it full. I could barely make it through. On the way to the bar, I got a few odd looks from both men and women but ignored them just as I'd ignored some broads trying to push themselves onto me. "You new here?" a rough voice asked.

<[•]>

Another short chapter? You betcha! Again, I'm trying to make this appropriate for instagram. (Feel free to check that out btw @backkinthedayy) thanks loves, Stay Gold💛

-erin💗