"Going Insane"♡

"Laura! I thought you were in New York!" I cheered and threw my legs over the side of the bed.

She gave me a confused look and walked over to my hospital bed, pushing my chest so that I laid back down. "I said not to move. You're hallucinating" she sighed.

"What are you talking about babe?"

"I mean I'm not your 'babe'" she rolled her eyes. "And my name isn't Laura or whatever. It's Zoey."

"W-What?" I asked. Was the same thing happening now when I thought Tim's sister was Laura? I'm hallucinating? I rubbed my eyes eagerly but this girl still looked exactly like Laura. "Go get me something to drink" I groaned, hoping some water or something would make it stop. She rolled her eyes but got up and stepped out of the room. Shortly after, she walked back inside with a small cup of water .

"You know you sure need to learn some manners. You're lucky I came back" she sighed.

I didn't say anything. Instead, I drank the water and rubbed my eyes again. She still looked just like Laura. "Why do you look like my girlfriend?" I blurted out.

"Huh?" she questioned.

"My girlfriend Laura. You look just like her" I asked. She shrugged.

"Obviously you don't need somebody to keep watch anymore so I'll go. Press that button by your bed if your dying okay?" she shrugged, then walked to the door again.

"Wait. Why did you stay with me?"

"I'm an intern for a nurse. Don't get too excited, you still have a girlfriend" she giggled. "I'm just trying to get the feel of my future job. You sounded like you thought some romance was happening."

"No. Like you said, I have a girlfriend and I'd like to get back with her so if you would please tell the doctors to do some magic tricks or whatever and get me better, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks" I fake smiled. She sighed and turned around.

"Goodbye" she paused and looked down at her clipboard that was held tightly in her arms. "Dallas Winston" she finished and waved before completely walking out of my room.

"Why did she look like Laura? It couldn't be my imagination again! I'm not drunk or anything. Maybe I'm just delusional" I began to talk to myself. "Am I going insane?"

Days went by dreadfully slow and eventually I could move freely. I don't understand how I kept ending up in the hospital considering I always fix myself up. Unable to pay the bills, any time I ended up in the hospital I would usually sneak out or something. I stretched my limbs and dug through a box with my clothes in it by the window seat. I then walked to the bathroom, used the sink to wash off my face and all, and then got ready to leave.

Now that I looked like a regular person there and not a patient, I walked right through the door with no one paying any mind... except her. The girl who looked like Laura was in the lobby staring me down. She moved her finger to her lips in a "shh" motion and looked down at some papers on the desk.

After walking outside, I realized I had no car or any transportation other than my crippled legs and I had to see Laura. She said she needed me as soon as possible. What was wrong?

I stumbled over to some random gas station and used the best of my abilities to get as much money as I could to pay for a trip to New York. Maybe a taxi or train or even a bus could help me out. After robbing a couple of people and dealing for a while, I made what I thought was enough to get me to my old home. "Hey stranger. I see you struggling over there" a small voice giggled. "Need a ride?"

I whipped around to see Zoey in a small car a few feet away. "Why? I can handle myself" I groaned.

"Well, have a nice life then" she smiled and then slowly pushed the gas. I knew she was seriously about to leave me in the streets and I needed a ride.

I flailed my arms in the air signaling to her that I wanted her to stop. She smiled and rolled her eyes. "Yes?" she asked.

"I need a ride" I sighed.

"But I thought you could handle yourself Mr. Winston" she mocked.

I sighed. "Look, would ya please help me out a little. I still gotta meet up with my girlfriend. SHIT! I HAVE TO MEET UP WITH MY GIRLFRIEND!" I yelled, completely forgetting that Laura could be in danger. Zoey cocked her head to the side.

"Get in" she commanded. I sat inside her small car. "Where ya headed?" she asked.

"Depends, where am I?"

"Uh, Pennsylvania" she replied.

"Well, just drop me off at the nearest bus station."

"Seriously Winston, where are you going?"

"New York" I shrugged.