"I'm Fine"♡

"New York?!" she almost yelled.

"Yes man, New York" I sighed. "That's why I told you to drop me off at a bus or train station or somethin."

"How the hell did you end up here?" she asked, completely ignoring my remark.

"It's a lot to explain."

"Well we need a topic to talk about on the way there anyway" she shrugged.

"Hold on. What?"

"I'm bringing you to New York, stupid" she laughed.

"Uh, no you're not" I argued.

"Okay then. Why don't you become a stunt man and jump out of this moving car which is your fastest source of transportation?"

I glared at her and rolled my eyes. "Nothing to say back?" she laughed.

"Just shut up and drive" I sighed. She returned my glare but continued driving.

"So... care to tell me your back story?" she asked, not moving her eyes off the road.

I propped my elbow on the car's window and placed my head in my hands. "So a long time ago I met this girl in New York..."

I told Zoey the whole story of how I ended up where I was. It not like I'd see her again. She would drop me off in New York, leave without hesitation, and that would be the end of it. "Wow, you've had one hell of a life then" she chuckled.

I nodded and moved my eyes to the scenery outside the window. Zoey said something but I wasn't listening. I was too lost in thought to realize that the car came to a stop. "Back the fuck off" I heard Zoey yell.

I looked to my left to see a greaser guy pinning Zoey to the car. "I SAID GET OFF" she yelled again, this time pushing him off of her.

He then pulled out a switchblade and held it to her throat. "I refuse to be disrespected, especially by a girl like you. Oh you're gonna get it" he growled.

"No, you're gonna get it" I responded, getting out of the car and approaching the two of them.

"Get back in the car Dallas. I can handle myself" Zoey snarled, not even looking at me.

"Dallas? As in Dallas Winston?" the guy asked.

"Your point?" I replied.

The guy then moved the blade to Zoey's left arm, gave a small slit by her shoulder, and threw her to the ground. "I've been looking for you. Took you long enough to finally get here. How was Tulsa?" he smirked.

"Who are you and how do you know me?" I asked.

"Let's just say that Jay's been trying to meet with you for a while now. He gave your little girlfriend a three day limit to get you here but when you didn't show up, well..." he started.

"Well what" I growled through gritted teeth.

"You'll find out sooner or later. Not that it matters or anything. I mean after all, you did replace her" he stated, motioning to Zoey holding her arm on the ground with small tears streaming down her face.

I grabbed his leather jacket and pushed his back against Zoey's car. "WHERE IS LAURA?" I yelled.

"Afraid I can't answer that. You should be asking how she is but i probably wouldn't answer either way" he smirked and moved his bloody switch to my neck. "Careful Dallas, one wrong move and that's it. You'll end up just like your girlfriend's brother....oh, and her too." This guy may have seemed like he was fearless but I could tell he was scared shitless just by the look he had in his eye.

I let go of his jacket and backed away. "Where is Jay?" I asked.

"Just meet him at the bar when he tried to kill your girlfriend. That oughta be a nice little place right" he fake smiled.

"Just go. Tell Jay I'll meet him there tonight at 12:00 sharp" I sighed and pushed the guy. He glared at me and ran off into the darkness. I grabbed Zoey's good arm and pulled her up. "You good?"

"Um, my arm just got cut open by some random guy I don't even know, I'm fine" she rolled her eyes. When she noticed my expression didn't change, she dusted off her clothes and returned her good arm back to her opposite arm.

"Let me see" I said. Before she could protest, I pulled off her jacket and rolled up her short sleeve to her shoulder so I could see her cut. "It's not deep so you'll be fine. Just keep pressure on it" I stated and handed her back the jacket. She gave me a look I couldn't read and nodded.

It went silent for a few moments until she took a breath. "So this is what New York is like" she fake smiled and looked back at me.

"Yeah. Fun isn't it" I sighed.

She shrugged. "I spent 20 minutes in New York and I'm already wounded. Nice way to say 'Welcome to our humble town'" she laughed.

I chucked and got back in her car. "So are we leaving or not?"

She followed my motions and moved back into the car too. "Just tell me where to go" she sighed.

<[•]>

omg 200 reads already?!! thanks so much for sticking with me through this slow and horrible fanfic. i haven't been updating fluently and i feel awful about that. instead, i'm going to try and start a schedule. how about an update every Sunday? maybe twice a week also. what do you guys think about Wednesdays and Sundays?