"I'm Really Insane"♡

Because I'm Dallas Winston and I don't care about anything. Not anymore.

                                      Laura
                               point of view

After hours of driving I finally made it to Tulsa. The town was small compared to New York but it was a nice town. I've always lived in a big city so it was a bit odd but it was just because I hadn't adjust just yet. I was a bit tired and hungry considering I hadn't made many pit stops on the way here so I decided I'd stop at a nearby grocery store. I pulled up and got out of my car. Peaking through the glass doors I saw something. A man held a gun to the cashier's head and me being from New York and all, I knew what was happening. This store was being robbed. But something was off.

I recognized the robber. It was Dallas. I bursted through the grocery store door, startling both men. They both looked at me shocked and clueless on what to do. Dallas's eyes were wide and he had tears streaming down his face. His tear stained face was also bruised pretty badly. He stared at me in disbelief. I hoped it was a good thing. Does he even remember me?

                                        Dallas
                                    point of view

"Give me the money" I demanded through clenched teeth. Suddenly, the store door swung open. 'The cops' I thought but when I turned around I was greeted by the shock of my life. It was official, I'm really insane. I'm surprised Johnny didn't walk through that door with her. I stood there, wide eyed and in disbelief. "L-Laura?" I questioned. Her eyes began to water and my tears must have grew at least 5 times larger than before. I dropped the gun on the counter and she remained still.

I was imagining it, I had to be. She would have said something. Wait, she would still be in New York. She wouldn't know where I was and if she did, she wouldn't have come get me. Then I realized, I left her. I left her all alone. What if she hated me? What if she didn't? What if she wasn't even alive?

I looked at the store clerk to see if he was seeing her too and the second I turned to him I had a gun to my face. 'It's not loaded' I thought but as I got a closer look at it, I realized it wasn't my heater. It was his and I was pretty sure his was loaded. "Wait!" a voice yelled. The store clerk looked at the door where I thought I saw Laura and I knew I wasn't imagining a person being there.

"Ma'am, this is self-defense, he was trying to rob my store" he stated.

"Please, just let him go. He's been through a lot. I'll pay you, anything" she pleaded.

The cashier gave me a disgusted look and put his gun down. "I get where you're coming from, I do. Thank you for letting him go. Trust me, he'll get what's coming to him" she said. He just nodded.

"Laura? That can't be you" I said, still confused as to what just happened.

"Dallas" she said, tears now falling from her face. I froze. It was her. It was my girlfriend. She didn't die. She wasn't dead! But I left her! But she wasn't mad at me. My thoughts were interrupted by her crashing her body against mine in a hug. "Oh my god Dallas where the hell have you been?! I missed you so much" she cried. I wrapped my arms so tight around her little body that I thought I just might crush her.

"Laura I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry" I apologized completely.

"It's okay baby! I'm fine. It's all gonna be okay" she said, squeezing me tighter.

"No it's not" I choked out, remembering what had happened not that long ago. "Johnny dead. I couldn't protect him" I cried into her shoulder. It didn't apply to me that she had no idea who or what I was talking about but I knew she didn't care that she didn't know but Laura just hugged me tighter. "I'm sorry" I said again.

                                     Ponyboy
                                 point of view

After Dallas bolted out of the hospital, I was stuck in a daze. I didn't move for a while. Johnny was still breathing but it was so soft that you couldn't even tell. Suddenly, reality snapped. Johnny was alive.

                                         <[•]>

So this is a SUPER short chapter but a lot of stuff happened in these few words and I find it pretty intense so I really hope you guys are enjoying! Thank guys! Stay Gold💛

-erin🙃