"I'm Gonna Die"♡

"A few more days here and then I'll think about New York" she giggled. Eventually she had to go, leaving me alone.
Laura
point of view

I walked out of the hospital and went to a phone booth to call Craig. "Hello?" Craig answered.

"Hey, it's Laura. I made it here okay" I replied.

"Laura? Why did it take you so long? Is everything okay?"

"Yes, everything's fine. I found Dallas and some stuff happened but it's all okay. I'll be here for a few more days and I'll call you when I can. Love you" I stated.

"Okay. Be safe. Love you too" he answered and then we hung up. I walked to the old grocery store to get my car back. That night I found Dallas, I'd left my car there and rode with him in the ambulance. On my way there I was being followed by a corvair and heard some guys hooting and cat calling me and I ignored it at first.

"What's a pretty lady like you doing walkin' alone?" one said. I stopped in my tracks.

"Going meet my boyfriend. What about you? Looking for someone to fill that cold spot in your bed?" I snapped.

"Ooh, a fiery one. Say baby, how about you get in the car with us. We'll get you to your boyfriend eventually" he laughed. I rolled my eyes. Suddenly, the guy and about 2 or 3 of his friends hopped out of the car and stood straight in front of me.

I tried to keep my cool and walk away but they surrounded me. They didn't know what I was capable of, but the thing was, I didn't know what they were capable of either.

"Look guys, I got somewhere to be so if you'd excuse me" I said, trying to push my way through them but they wouldn't budge. "Get-out-of-my-way" I growled through gritted teeth.

"I don't think so" another guy snapped. I then punched him and felt his nose crack underneath my knuckles. "You should have done that" he growled, holding his face and before I could run, they had me pinned on the ground. One of them straddled me and held my elbows down with his knees and punching me any time I struggled to get free.

I screamed for help but that only caused the guys to shove a handkerchief in my mouth. That didn't stop me from trying to defend myself. I began kicking my legs and trying to use my tongue to get the cloth out of my mouth. "She's getting loose!" the one on top of me yelled.

"Well then use the switch, Tyler, don't be stupid" a different one snapped and approached me with a blade. 'I'm gonna die' I thought to myself and began flailing even harder. These guys can't get the best of me! I refuse to let them. I'm tougher than this, I'm from New York for Christ sake!

When Tyler reached for the blade, his leg muscles weren't straining as hard so I bucked my body upwards as hard as I could, causing him to fly over me. I stood up and ran but the fight wasn't over yet. Right when I thought I was going to be okay, I hit the ground with the crowd of angry guys approaching me.

They waisted no time with that knife and immediately broke the skin right at my jawline. I screeched in pain, knowing they won't stop. I only upset them more by putting on a fight so other than screaming, I gave up my fight. If I die, then I die. The blade gradually began to make it's way to my throat and I was in tears by this time. "Next time, think about who you're mouthing off to" one growled, digging the knife deeper into my skin. I screamed until I couldn't anymore and then I was out of it.

I heard faint voices and yells and a lot of footsteps. Dust was flying. "Help" I mumbled and opened my eyes just a crack. I couldn't see anything except the guys who jumped me running back to their car and then, it went dark again.

                                         [•]

I woke up in a completely different place than I passed out at. I tried to sit up but my rib area was too sore to move. I groaned and looked around to see  a small but cozy home. Suddenly, a familiar face walked in the room. One of Dally's gang members, Ponyboy.

"Ponyboy?" I croaked.

"Uh" he replied.

"P-Ponyboy" i repeated. "It's me, Laura" I stated. His eyes widened.

"Laura?" he asked.

"You don't remember me?"

"Oh my god are you okay? You look so different" he asked with worried eyes.

"Do I look okay? You couldn't even recognize me" I snapped.

"I'm sorry Laura. It's just, they got you good. I'm so sorry this happened to you. We should've warned you about the socs" he apologized.

"I-It's okay" I answered. "Man, this place isn't as different from New York than I thought" I mumbled. Suddenly, more of Dally's friends walked in the room.

"How's the girl doing?" one with an angry face and crooked tooth asked.

"Steve" Ponyboy began. "That's Dally's girl, Laura." All of their faces dropped.

"W-What?" they asked in unison.

"Dal's gonna kill somebody" Ponyboy sighed. I knew it was true. Dallas was an asshole but he was really protective over the things he loved and I knew he loved me.

"I need to see Dallas" I groaned and tried to sit up again but this time the gang rushed to the couch to keep me from getting up.

"You need to rest. You can see Dally when you're all good. If he sees you like this, he'll flip" a really handsome guy said, pushing my shoulders to the couch. I sighed and gave up on trying. I was too exhausted to strain anyway. Suddenly, a guy in a Mickey Mouse shirt plopped down onto the couch. "Two-Bit, get up and let the girl rest" the good looking guy chuckled.

The guy I knew as Two-Bit rolled his eyes and sat on the floor. "But I wanna watch Mickey" he whined.

"Well wait until she's better" a tall-muscular man said.

"But Darry" Two-Bit whined. Darry turned to go to the kitchen without another word as Two-Bit whined more.

"I'll watch Mickey with you" I smiled. His eyes grew.

"You will?" he asked in disbelief.

"Sure why not" I giggled.

After watching Mickey Mouse for about 20 minutes, the phone rang and Darry answered. "Hello? Yeah this is Darrel. Now? Okay we'll be right there" he said and then hung up.

"What was all that about?" Ponyboy asked.

"Everyone get in the truck. We gotta get to the hospital" Darry said.