"Hello Dallas"♡

"Johnny killed a soc" Pony cried.

After hearing the whole story on what had happened, I brought the boys inside to my room and gave them $50 dollars, a gun, and Ponyboy a new shirt as well as my leather jacket. I also gave them instructions to a place where they can lay low for a while.

I noticed how shook up the two were so I tried to calm them down and let them know it'll be fine. I've  gone through stuff like this back in New York and it wasn't really a big deal for me, but to these guys, their whole world just crumbled. Now we have something in common.

The boys left and all I could do was hope they'd make it to the hideout okay. And that was it for the night.

It didn't take long for the gang to notice the two youngest member missing. The Curtis brothers were a mess and since they were depressed, the vibes turned the room gray, making everyone else depressed. The police didn't take long to notice either. I was hauled into the station with everyone saying that I'm "withholding important information" but I wouldn't give the boys up. "We can stay like this all day" one officer stated.

"Yeah we can. I don't have anything better to do so please, take your time" I mocked.

They got fed up with my games and to be honest, I was fed up with their's so I gave in... sorta. "Alright, alright. They left for Texas, now let go of me man" I yelled.

"Get lost, Winston" the officer sighed and let me out of the station.

About a day later, Ponyboy and Johnny appeared in the paper. "Runaways Johnny Cade and Ponyboy Curtis flee to Texas after the murder of Robert Sheldon" I read aloud to the gang, sitting on the couch of the Curtis home.

"Well let's go and get 'em" Two-Bit piped up.

"We don't know where they went off to. Texas is a pretty big place. Wherever the boys are, they'll be smart enough to lay low" I replied.

"Well we gotta do somethin. They're just kids, they can't take care of themselves" Two-Bit whined.

I didn't answer. Instead, I fiddled with my necklace until Soda plopped down beside me. "Dal, I know that you know where Pony and Johnny are but I also know that you won't tell us. Just, make sure Ponyboy gets this" he said, handing me a folded piece of paper.

"I told you man, I don't know where they are" I replied but his expression didn't change.

[•]

Days passed and the drama about the murder had dialed down. I went to the Curtis' every day to see how they were holding up. Not too good. "Hey, Imma be in New York for a bit so don't wait up" I said, walking out of the Curtis household. Soda gave me a look I couldn't read and then looked back at the rest of the gang.

In the car, I was debating on if I was actually going back to New York or not. It would be a long drive there but I needed another excuse to go back. Maybe I left something behind like some clothes. An old friend maybe? I had some money stashed away at my old man's place. That could work. New York it is.

When I left for my old home, it was about 12 am. The gang was staying up all night in case some news about Ponyboy and Johnny showed up but it was useless to me. Almost a full day of traveling passed by but I didn't notice. I was have flashbacks from my times in New York. It never occurred to me how involved Laura was. Everything I went through, she was always there for me. Months passed and I thought I was over her. Clearly I was wrong.

Over 1 thousand miles later, I arrived at the place that I grew up in. I made it to my excuse of a dad's apartment to find him drinking in his armchair like he did when I lived here. "Haven't changed a bit" I said, rolling my eyes. He turned his head to face me.

"Where the hell have you been?" he snapped.

"Why does it matter? You don't care anyway" I snapped back.

"You know, you're just like your mother was. Always running off to who knows where because you can't handle the world. Well let me tell you this, you piece of shit. You can't escape reality no matter how hard you try. You can run, but you sure as hell can't hide. I'm surprised you're not dead yet" he yelled, standing up from his chair and stumbling to me.

"Worthless pieces of trash like you don't deserve to live anyway" he scowled, swinging at me with his now empty bottle.

"Seems to run in the family" I snarled.

He clenched his jaw and hit me over the head with the bottle. I stumbled to the floor, holding my head. I had blood on my hands. "Watch your mouth you son of a bitch. Don't even think about coming back here if all you're going to do is mess up our family name" he replied.

"Too late, you already did that" I yelled back. "Tulsa is better than this dump anyway" I said, getting up from the floor as my dad turned away to get another drink from the fridge. I walked to the bathroom near the front door and cleaned up my small cut. Lucky for me, my money stash was in the bathroom as well. I don't even know what I needed the money for but after all, I did come here for it. Maybe I could help Pony and Johnny out with it.

I stumbled out of the bathroom minutes later to find my drunk father passed out on the couch. I scoffed and walked back to my car where a familiar face surprised me. "Hello Dallas. Forget about me already?" My heart stopped and my eyes widened.