"Holding Grudges Aren't We?"♡

"Hello Dallas. Forget about me already?" My heart stopped and my eyes widened. I gulped but didn't reply. "Oh Dally." No answer.

"Dallas Winston!"

"What do you want Jay? You can't take anything else away from me! Why don't you just shoot me and get it over with?!" I yelled.

"Now now, why would I shoot you?" he replied.

"I don't know. Why would you shoot my girlfriend?" I snapped. He just chucked.

"Ahh I see, holding grudges aren't we?"

"Well don't act like you don't do the same. You come barging into some stranger's party and shoot innocent people because I apparently 'took something from you'" I yelled, using finger quotes.

His face expression changed from mischievous to just plain angry. "Because you did! If you hadn't-" he yelled but as soon as his voice cracked he paused. "If you hadn't been drunk driving we wouldn't be in this mess now would we?" he said calmly.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned.

"Don't act like you don't know. You've had plenty of time to think about why I shot your girlfriend a few months ago. Think of what grudge I could possibly hold against you" he said, obviously trying to hold his emotionless face.

I thought about it for a moment. Jay and I were never close. As a matter of fact, we'd only met once before so I don't understand how I couldn't recall anything. "Stuck? Maybe I could help refresh your memory" Jay said, reaching into his jacket.

I didn't move but I wasn't scared and I think he knew that too because he simply looked at me. I shrugged and jammed my fists in my pocket as he pulled out a heater. "Shoot your shot" I sighed.

"Hey, hey, hey. What's going on here?" a stern voice and flashlight interrupted us. When there was no comment the figure approached us. "Now boys would you like to tell me why you had that gu-" the man started but stopped when he saw me. "Dallas?"

"Uh, do I know you?" I questioned.

"You don't remember? 'Course ya don't, you've been gone the last couple of months. My name's Craig. I'm Laura's older brother" he chuckled.

At the mention of her name I got a sick feeling. "I gotta go" I said, pushing past both guys and getting inside my car.  Craig ignored my last remark and continued talking.

"Y'know, things haven't been the same around here, you shouldn't have left" he said. I started my car and just looked at the two.

"See ya around" I said, even though I doubted I would come back any time soon. "Craig, it's awfully late, you should head home 'fore ya get back jumped or somethin" I advised, not wanting him to stay alone with Jay.

It's bad enough I got Laura killed by messing with Jay. It'd be pretty messed up if I got her brother killed too. I wondered why he wasn't out to get me for revenge or something. Ignoring any other comments, I drove until I finally made it out of the place that held so many memories.

Hours and hours went by and I forgot to fill up on gas. Luckily, I ran out in a town so there was a payphone nearby. "Hello?" the voice on the other side rang.

"Hey Buck, it's Dally. I uhh, I need your help" I answered.

"With what" Buck asked.

"I'm going somewhere important and I'm out of gas. There's store and everything here but not one gas station. Can you come pick me up?" I asked.

Long story short, Buck showed up, let me use his car since I was in a rush and rented a room in a hotel so he can stay a bit using the money I snagged from my old man's place. Buck didn't complain though because he found a bar there and played pool like there was no tomorrow.

Miles passed and I finally made it to Jay Mountain in Windrixville where Ponyboy and Johnny were hiding. I found a way inside the church to see the two boys were passed out.

They sure did look different. Both of them had lost quite some weight which caused them to look paler. They each cut their hair and Ponyboy bleached his. "Hey blondie" I chuckled, nudging Ponyboy.

                                          <[•]>

So this was a shortish chapter. Sorry but I have a surprise in the next one😊. Thanks for reading. Stay Gold💛

-erin💋