"Get Well Soon"♡

"Everyone get in the truck. We gotta get to the hospital" Darry said. My eyes widened but without hesitation, I tried to get up and failed.

"Hey, calm down Laura. You're still in really bad condition and you shouldn't be movin' like that" Soda commented.

"Well tell me what's going on" I demanded.

They all gave me shocked looks at my sudden attitude but turned their eyes to Darry. "Just come on okay" he replied, not wanting to say anything about the hospital.

I figured he didn't want to talk about it or wanted to to find out on our own so I didn't ask anything else. I tried to get up again but Soda carried me to the truck and carefully placed me in the back seat. Ponyboy sat next to me and everyone else (besides Soda and Darry who rode in the front seat) decided to ride in the tailgate area of the truck. My heart was racing with every second I didn't know what was happening and it was killing me. I kept gulping to try to slow my breathing down and keep my cool but it didn't work and Soda noticed.

"You okay there, Laura? You're panting like a dog" he smiled. I nodded eagerly and looked out the window. He was right, I was panting like a dog and for over dramatic reasons I was sure. I closed my eyes and began to take slow, deep breaths. Soon enough, my heart rate went back to normal and we arrived at the hospital. I scooted out of the truck and made a groan as I felt a sharp pain in my rib area. I was pretty sure I'd broken or fractured something because it hurt like hell. "Hey, hold up Laur. Let me help you" Soda cooed, picking me up bridal style like before and this time, carrying me into the hospital.

We walked inside and impatiently waited for an answer. "Darry" I sighed. He returned my sigh and went to the front desk. "We're here about Johnny Cade and Dallas Winston. I got a phone call not too long ago" Darry stated.

The woman simply looked down at her papers, shuffled through a couple and looked back at Darry. "Dallas Winston will be released next week and Johnny Cade, well we aren't sure yet. Though he seems to be getting better, there are these times where you can tell he's hurting an awful lot" she answered. Our faces fell to the floor and she finished off with "on the bright side, he's in good enough condition for visitors."

I'd never met Johnny before, or even seen him at that but he obviously meant something to Dallas. That night I found him at the store, he was so lost that I was unsure if he was even Dallas anymore. It looked as if his world didn't have any meaning and it was killing him, little by little. Johnny obviously was a huge chunk of his world.

The gang looked at her with pleading eyes and she told us his room so we could go. We walked down the halls. Then, we heard a familiar voice. "What do you mean I don't get out of this dump until next week. I feel fine" Dallas's voice echoed from a nearby room. I decided to peek in. There he was, being his usual self. He was arguing with a nurse yet again.

I made myself noticeable and the nurse looked at me and then back at Dallas. "Hey Laura, come on in" he smiled, signaling me in. "I have a visitor, you can leave now" he ordered the nurse. She sighed and walked out the door, making Dallas laugh.

I forgot I'd gotten jumped not too long ago and I didn't realize how bad I looked. "Laura? Come here, this lighting's making you look like you almost died or something" he chuckled.

"Why are you in such a good mood all of a sudden" I giggled, not moving from my spot.

He smiled but turned serious. "Laura come here" he demanded. I sighed and walked to him.

"What Dal?" I smiled.

He squinted his eyes then sat up in less than a second to touch my face. "What the hell happened?!" he almost yelled.

I looked around the room and then back at him. "I was being clumsy okay? You know how I get. I'm fine though, I promise" I reassure but he wasn't buying it.

"What the hell happened" he repeated.

I didn't want to tell him what happened because he'll just do something stupid about it. "Dallas I'm fine." I repeated.

"You don't look fine." His voice was getting louder and I was ready to bolt. Then, the gang walked in the door.

"Hey Laura, we gotta go see Johnny remember?" Soda asked. Dallas looked at Soda with flames in his eyes and clenched his jaw. "Oh, hey Dally."

"Just give me a minute, I'll be right there" I replied. Soda nodded and they stepped out of the room. I sighed, knowing Dally wouldn't let me leave the room without an excuse as to why I looked the way it did.

"What happened to you?" he replied, his voice less rough than the last.

"I was jumped" I sighed.

He raised his eyebrows and I could feel the tension growing in the room. "JUMPED?!" he yelled.

"Dally keep your voice down, I'm okay. I promise, it's fine" I cooed but my words went in one ear and out the other.

"HOW DID YOU GET JUMPED? BY WHO?!!!!"

"Dally it's f-" I started but he cut me off.

"LAURA, ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION" he shot up.

"Dallas calm down!" I said, trying not to allow the tears to form in the back of my eyes. I hated being yelled at, especially by him.

"No Laura, i won't 'calm down'. It's my job to protect you and I refuse to allow someone to jump you and get away with it!" he said, half-yelling now.

"Dallas-" my voice cracked.

"Maybe you were better off in New York" he mumbled. I couldn't fight off the tears anymore. I didn't let them fall but I couldn't stop them from forming in my eyes.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What did you say?" I mumbled. He swallowed and clenched his jaw. "Dallas what did you say?!" I yelled. No answer. "Fine then, maybe I will go back to New York. I actually have people that want me there" I snapped and walked to the door, the tears still in my eyes. One blink was all it took before they fell out of my eyes as big as bowling balls.

Knowing he didn't care, well, it hurt. It hurt a lot considering I came here looking for him. Not to mention, saved his life I'm sure. "Laura" he groaned.

"Get well soon" I stated, not turning to look at him.