"I was Alone"♡

Laura
                               point of view

My chest and every other part of my body ached. I opened my eyes to find myself in a place I did not recognize. The only sound was a steady beeping sounds. I looked around confused and realized where I was. A hospital. And not only that, but i was alone. My anxiety began to mess with me as the beeping began speeding up.

I looked down at what I was wearing which was a paper-thin hospital gown and a bandage wrapped tightly around my side. "Why am I here" I tried to say but my mouth was extremely dry.

I slowly sat up and held my head. My throat began to feel weird so I began coughing, and boy was that painful. Eventually, a red liquidy substance made it's way onto my hand. My anxiety began to mess with me as the machine's beeping began speeding up. Suddenly, a young-looking nurse rushed into my room. "Oh dear, when did you wake up?" she quickly asked and picked up the clipboard at the end of my bed. "Laura, is it?"

"Y-Yeah?" I croaked, putting my head in my bloodstained hands as the beeping slowed to a steady pace once again.

"Oh my, where are you bleeding? Does anything hurt? Do you need anything" she rambled as soon as she noticed my red hands and gown.

"I uhh, I started coughing and the blood came out" I responded.

"Oh. I'm sorry I'm being so paranoid, I'm new here and I really need this job" she said.

I nodded. "Well can I have some water? My throat is killing me" I asked. She nodded and ran out of the room.

I sighed and later back down on the bed, grabbing my side as I sunk into the bed. I closed my eyes and tried to think of what could have happened to me. A quick, brief montage of memories took over my brain.

I was at a party. I was with someone, someone I loved a lot. I was trying to get him to dance with me. He refused. We laughed at each other. A gang walked in. The leader threatened me and my boyfriend. I felt a sharp pain in my side and collapsed. Dallas was crying, something I had almost never seen him do. It was dark and the sounds seemed muffled. "Please Laura hold on... for me" he choked.

I strained my eyes open and muttered three words. "I love you" and then it went dark again. A couple minutes later I felt my body being moved and it hurt like hell. I tried to wince and I tried to talk and I tried to open my eyes but nothing worked. I couldn't move. I was placed inside a vehicle I assumed was an ambulance and the van sped off to the hospital.

Once we made it to our destination, I heard Dally's voice yelling at the doctors bringing me to the emergency room and that was it.

I opened my eyes right as the nurse walked back in with my cup of water and some pills. I gulped both down in an instant. "Where Dallas?" I asked.

"Dallas?" she asked.

"My boyfriend. He was here. I heard him yelling" I said.

"I'm sorry sweetheart but the only person in the waiting room is an elderly lady, waiting to see her husband" she said with sympathetic eyes. "Maybe he left for a while and might come back" she stated.

No. That's not like him. Once Dallas is gone, he's gone. When he leaves, don't expect him to come back. I looked at her with sad eyes and nodded.

[•]

About a day later, the doctors got ahold of my information and called my family. My brother Craig picked me up and brought me home about a week or two later and took care of me until my wound was mostly healed. He knew I hated being this weak so he let me do some things without his help but for the most part, I needed him.

One day, I was feeling particularly lonely and I didn't want Craig's company like I wanted someone else's. "You heard anything about Dallas?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "Some people were saying he got shot, as a joke and some said he ran off to God know's where" Craig shrugged. "I'm sorry Laura but he's off the grid."

My face dropped. I thought he loved me, I thought he'd be there for me when I needed him, I thought I was something to him... but clearly I was wrong.

[•]

Finally, I fully recovered after months of torture and was able to live my life again. I hung out with old friends, attending a couple more parties, and despite me gut telling me that he doesn't love me, I still searched for Dallas. No luck.

I was sitting on my bed, just thinking when I heard a knock on my door. "Uh Laura?" Craig's voice said.

"It's open. Come on in" I replied, not moving from my spot.

"Laura I just saw Dallas" he said.

"You what? Where is he?" I jumped up.

"He was with some guy. I think I might have saved his life. The guy pulled a gun out and threatened him. Dally left soon after I got there though"

The first man that came to mind was the guy that was mad at Dally for unknown reasons. "Where was this?" I asked.

"Dal's old apartment" he replied. I jumped up, grabbed my leather jacket, and walked straight out the door. "Laura! You can't go there. What if that guy's still there" he shouted.

"I doubt it" I sighed. That guy wanted to get at Dallas, and if Dally left, so did Jay.

"Well then I'll come with you" Craig piped up.

"No, you're staying here. I can handle myself. I won't be long. Bye" I said and walked away before my brother could say anything else. I didn't know what was in store for me but I didn't really care. I had to see Dallas again, no matter what it took.