"Learn Some Manners"♡

Laura
point of view

I drove all the way to Dally's old apartment complex in hopes that I'd see him. Yeah I was upset that he left me but what if it wasn't his choice or what if he couldn't handle seeing me like that.... or what if he just toyed around with me and realized I'm no good anymore.

I walked up to where his apartment is and knocked on the door. A deep raspy voice called "who is it" and I figured it was his alcoholic dad.

"My name's Laura, I'm Dally's girlfriend. Can i come in" I asked as politely as I could. I couldn't stand this man. He didn't care what his son did or what happened to Dally and it made me furious. It made Dallas into a person he doesn't want to be and he hated it.

"Yeah yeah whatever" he slurred and I opened the door.

"Is Dal here" I asked.

He chuckled. "There ain't no telling where that son of a bitch is. Probably going get himself killed or somethin" he replied.

"And you don't care? No wonder he hates you" I scoffed and turned around but the old man grabbed my wrist.

"You, young lady, need to watch your mouth. Learn some manners and you won't be a disappointment like my son. Running off to some town he don't know nothin' about" he rolled his eyes.

I ripped my arm from his grasp and looked at him in disgust but curiosity. "Wait, you know where he is?" I asked.

"I don't know if he's there now but that's where he ran off to last time" he shrugged.

"Where the hell is he?" I asked, getting really frustrated with this man's answers.

"I don't have to tell you anything" he snapped. But I rolled my eyes and he finished with "Relax little girl, he ran off to Tulsa. Now get outta here 'fore one of us does something they might regret" he threatened.

I walked right out to door after that. I hated that man so much it hurt. Afterwards, I got in my car and drove back home to pack.

[•]

"What are you doing" Craig asked, walking into my room to see me jamming stuff into a suitcase.

"Packing. What does it look like I'm doing" I sighed.

"Thanks smartass, that really answers my question" he laughed. When I didn't laugh with him, his expression changed to serious. "Hey, what's up? What happened back there? Was it Dally?" he asked.

"Nothing. It's fine. I'm just aggravated" I stated, not looking up from my suitcase. He didn't respond but I could feel his eyes burning a hole in the back of my head. "Dallas wasn't there. Instead, I had to deal with his sorry excuse of a father and now I'm off to Tulsa" I sighed.

"Hold up, what? Tulsa? As in Tulsa, Oklahoma?" he asked in disbelief.

I sighed. "Yes Craig, as in Tulsa Oklahoma."

"But that's so far! I'm coming with you" he said.

"Um no you're not! I just need to see if Dallas is there. You can always come meet me at some time but as of now, I'm going alone." He sighed, not wanting to argue with me and simply nodded.

After packing, I said goodbye to my brother and I headed out. "I'll call you when I make it there, okay?" I called.

"Okay, be safe. Love you!" he yelled back.

"Love you too" I said and started up my car before waving a final time and driving away. This was going to be a long ride.

Dallas
point of view

After the boys were fully awake they blew about a million questions my way. "Hey hey, one at a time" I chuckled. "You got a cancer stick Johnny" i asked. I grabbed the cigarette and then I remembered the note. "I got a special delivery for uhh, Ponyboy Curtis" I laughed.

"Who's it from" he asked, rubbing his eyes.

"The president of the United States of America" I said sarcastically.

"Yeah right" he sighed.

I told him "It's from your brother, Sodapop."

"How does he know we're here?"

I told them what had happened back in Tulsa after Pony read Soda's note. "You guys wanna get somethin' to eat?" I asked.

"Hey you better believe it" Johnny stated. I chuckled and drove them to Dairy Queen.

We got our food and drinks and these two chomped them down like they hadn't eaten anything for weeks. After I ran out of gas and called Buck for help, I also called the Curtis house to see if they heard anything or if anything happened. Two-Bit answered saying that there would be a rumble between greasers and socs. I also heard that the red headed girl that played hard to get at the drive-in, Cherry Valence, was our little spy.

I told the guys what I knew about things back home but didn't mention going to New York. What's there to tell anyways right? "We're going back and gonna turn ourselves in" Johnny stated randomly.

"What?" I asked, making sure I heard him right.

"I got a good chance of bein' let off easy. It was self defense and you just said Cherry and Pony could testify that" he argued.

After a bit of arguing between us, I realized I'd probably just hurt Johnny. "Look I'm sorry Johnny, I didn't mean it like that. It's just that the cooler changes you. You get tough in jail and I don't wanna see that happen to you like it happened to me man" I apologized. He didn't respond and I noticed what he and Ponyboy were focused on.

The church was on fire!

                                       <[•]>

Y'know what, I'm just gonna stop apologizing for the short chapters because I know I'm not gonna stop posting them😂 but I really do hope you guys are enjoying this so far!
Stay Gold💛

-erin 💗